IGNORED

Canadian MD??

Darren

Hey all

Just curious, :detective: IS there a Canadian Maintenance Day? If so, where, and If NOT, How can i start one up!!!? I've got a shop fully tooled with hoist, out in the country side, some good prairie runs here in Manitoba. Just seen a dozen bikes go by in the last half hour.

If you have problems finding a MD in your area,,,, it's all your fault. You see, we don't have a president, or a secretary, nor do we have a planned event organizer. So it's all up to us as members, as we see fit.

So what you do,,,, is to post the fact that you are going to have a MD at your place, or wherever you would like. Set the day and other parameters, such as who should come and what they should bring,, whether or not lunch and drinks are provided or not and the time to show up and the time to leave,,,,, (if you don't say when they must leave and Charlie shows up, you might not get rid of him for days). Don't plan too much, we can make our own fun and mistakes.

Want to know more,,,,,, just ask.

I was thinking the same.....should be in Newfoundland tho !!!

Gets kinda lonely way out here!

Keith

Agreed. It'd take a full weekend and considerable quantities of Labatts Social Lubricant to finish all the 'maintenance' I need on my new ride .... :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

HUMMMM.. a MD in Marquette. If I remember correctly, that is a bit north of Poplar Point and about 1/2 way between Bandon and the 'peg.

Might work out to get a few folks in if you set it up.

Edited by Black Owl

I think it would be great to host one. I'm always up for learning new things and helping anyone out. Thing is, never planned anything like this, so i might need some help.

First, I'd have to find out roughly how many would like to come, and a good date for most to attend. One day or two, that kinda things... oh ya and what kinda repairs people want to do!

Yup, sounds like fun!!

Darren,

Pick a date and a time, you can put a poll up to see of the interest in it, but I assure you that if you set it in stone folks will show up. Try to make it so it doesn't conflict with any other rally's or such and just do it. Also dont try to micro manage it, once they get going they have a mind of their own, just bump it in the right direction every now and then. You wont believe how much fun you will have regardless if 5 or 25 people show up. Have it a dish to pass and maybe throw some dead beast on the grill....but I warn you, they are addictive!