IGNORED

Hard To Find engine chrome

Hello to all,

I am a new member on Venture Rider but already have a tough question. I am riding a 2009 RSV and want to get hold of some engine chrome does anyone have any ideas were to find these very items.

Thank

Ghostrider7:bobby:

Check with your local dealer or Ebay. Some of the items have been discontiued already. Carb covers are super hard to find. If at all. Good luck. If you need me to look here for some items making trip to dealer this week I can check for you.

The best source I've found is Ebay, and patients. Just when you find something make sure it's not still available thru Y. Luckily the previous owner put a lot of bling on the bike. I made a list of the aftermarket and VentureLine stuff that had been installed.. I'm sure I missed a couple of things.. and the total came to almost $5 grand. More than I paid for the bike... :) Whew!!

Here's what I've added so far (admittedly not much):

~ chrome ignition cover (plastic)

~ chrome trunk rack and saddle bag rails

~ chrome oil fill plug

~ chrome tail light cover

~ chrome-trimmed LED tail and brake light bar (Diamond-R)

Really, that's about it. All add-on's were readily available either on eBay, Motorsportssupercenter.com, Wingstuff.com, or Craigslist. Or the Yamaha factory accessories site.

Hello to all,

I am a new member on Venture Rider but already have a tough question. I am riding a 2009 RSV and want to get hold of some engine chrome does anyone have any ideas were to find these very items.

Thank

Ghostrider7:bobby:

Why don't you post a list of stuff you are looking for here...and maybe we can all find it for you. I got a good bit on my bike...and it is for sale. If the new buyer wants to haggle with the price...I might just start removing those pieces of Safety chrome to make it even.

OR you can buy mine and take off what you want and sell the rest.

• 1 year later...