IGNORED

96rstc Pass seat mount WHat is it mounted to

muaymendez1

Hey guys. I have never given the pass seat a second though but The weather is getting better na dmy wife and daughter are wanting to ride with dad!.

the pass seat on mine is mounted with one screw at the tail but this is not enough to keep it secure. the seat still moves to the left and right. Is there something that i am missing or is it that the rubber grommets under the seat are compressed and need to be replaced.

While working on my buddys venture i noticed his seat had a whioel different bracket to mount to.

Hey guys. I have never given the pass seat a second though but The weather is getting better na dmy wife and daughter are wanting to ride with dad!.

the pass seat on mine is mounted with one screw at the tail but this is not enough to keep it secure. the seat still moves to the left and right. Is there something that i am missing or is it that the rubber grommets under the seat are compressed and need to be replaced.

While working on my buddys venture i noticed his seat had a whioel different bracket to mount to.

Muay,

I have a 1997 and the rear seat didn't move at all. I also have the rear backrest and the sissy bar, but that has nothing to do with the seat. However, I recommend you to have them since make their safety much higher.

calperin

:fingers-crossed-emo

On my 96 the passenger seat had a "tongue" on the front which slid under the operator's seat, and coupled with the screw in the back, held the seat in place.....if my memory serves me correctly. I've had it soloed for some time, but I'm pretty sure that's how it worked.

gunk:shock3:

No its not the same. Min e is mounted as GUNKYLUMP said . A tounge in the front which doesnt secure to anything and a tounge in the back that bolts onto the rear fender. Seat tilts flops and I doubt it is safe for a passsenger

Calperin I do have the sissy bar and back rest. I will have to take pictures to see what I am missing

there's a bracket that bolts to the top of the fender just behind the driver seatm that holds the front of the back seat in place. if you can find one i have one on a wrecked bike and may be able to sell it to you. let me lo0k in my shop and see if i can find it. i'll get back to you in a couple o0f days. ther's also a dealer on e-bay that took down a royal like yours and may have that piece in stock. you have to look at the 96-2001 royal stars for parts for yours. there are a few things thats the same but most are differant from the ventures and '05-up tour deluxes.