IGNORED

BikeMP3 update---

Mel

Communicated with Pete at BikeMP3 and he held my hand through teaching me how to correctly load the music from my music library. It only took about 4 sets of emails and replys to educate me. I now have 280+ songs (tracks) on 3 "CD's" and it works great and sounds even better. On another thread I suggested that anyone with a Gen 2 Venture might want to contact him about the possibility of developing something that would connect directly into the RSV 6 disc changer circuit. Unless they already have the changer installed, the MP3 would be the way to go.

yep my mp3 player plugs into the AUX. cord in the left pocket and it can move through files folders and it tells me what song and atrist along with the album

it also fits in my pocket and its a lot cheaper I have a sony and love it

can even take it in the tent at night

I have been working with Pete for the last year on the interface for the Venture, but it seems to keep being put on the back burner,,,:confused24::confused: with the development of other products. I think the C-Buss is the biggest hold up. He is supposed to have someone sort of dedicated to the Venture project, but haven't heard any thing in a while on that either. Pete is a really great guy, but has too many irons in the fire I think...

I have been working with Pete for the last year on the interface for the Venture, but it seems to keep being put on the back burner,,,:confused24::confused: with the development of other products. I think the C-Buss is the biggest hold up. He is supposed to have someone sort of dedicated to the Venture project, but haven't heard any thing in a while on that either. Pete is a really great guy, but has too many irons in the fire I think...

If I were in Pete's shoes, I'd probably be dragging my feet too. Yamaha isn't being forthcoming about the future of the RSV, so why invest a lot of money in development? If they do come out with an updated touring bike, it likely won't have the C-Buss interface. It just doesn't look too promising for a company to invest in modifying a product for compatibility with 1999 technology.

• 2 weeks later...

OK,I got my MP3 from BikeMP3.COM . It took me 2 days to figure out how to convert MPEG4 to MPEG3 but I figured it out.....hope I can remember how to do it again! Bottom Line...WOW,It is nice,took 15 minute to hook it up,all plug and play and everything works off of my CD switches on my handlebars. My volume level on the MP3 is rediculously loud BUT VERY PLAIN,or clean Audio. I Recommend it!

If I were in Pete's shoes, I'd probably be dragging my feet too. Yamaha isn't being forthcoming about the future of the RSV, so why invest a lot of money in development? If they do come out with an updated touring bike, it likely won't have the C-Buss interface. It just doesn't look too promising for a company to invest in modifying a product for compatibility with 1999 technology.

I wish someone could come up with some kinda adapter. I'd buy one in a minute! I really don't want to buy a GW just for that!!!!!!:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I just received email; from Peteat BikeMP3, saying the interface is not ready yet. That was it.