IGNORED

Money Pit

sleepy2

Had flat tire morning after Marcarl's M&G on Sun. morning when I woke up.Called around to see who could put on tire in as quick of time as possible .Went to ZDENO Cycle in Kitchener Ont. Got it on lift and they said my rotor was really worn so \i said ok and had a used one from a wreck put on with new pads.Went with Metszler again. Was also told that the tire I had on was a HARLEY tire???????SO!

tire$206

tire tax $5.84

instal $60

rotor $150

instal $20

pads $35

instal $30

tube $25

TOTAL SHOCK $600.97

Phantom Wife says that is budget for this year!

Still going to MD this weekend!!!!!!!

According to write ups I've read it is OK to put tube in tubless but not sure what old tire was just that it was HARLEY and new tire is radial(it had tube in old tire also as have wire spoke rims on bike)

There is such a thing as a radial tube. Somewhat different construction for car tires to deal with the sidewall flexing.

But I don't know if this applies to a M/C tire due to the different forces on the sidewall.

What are the thickness limits on a rotor? How did dealer determine it was not in spec. I looked in service manual & there is not a minimum thickness listed for MKII's. If it was grooved by metal to metal contact I could see the concern.

Gary

I guess I should have said that the old tire did not have HARLEY on the sidewall but he said it was the size of the HARLEY and not my Road star.

The rotor was grooved enough that I planed to change but ran out of time because of all the overtime.

Luckily I got a used rotor otherwise it would have cost a couple hundred more for new and would have had to wait to get one.(would have not been able to go to MD this weekend)

They recommend replacing both tire and tube.