IGNORED

Wall-mart gell seat pad ? Try it out...

FuzzyRSTD

A gell seat cushion made for autos at Wall-mart for $19.96. Yes gell seat covers are sold for $100.00 or more with the sheep skin cover just for bikes. If I could find just a sheep skin cover now to go over the geel pad, I would be in high cotton.....

I hear that it works fine for our bikes from another rider here about two days ago. I found one at the local store here and I am going to go pick it up. The first store was sold out and the next store only had one, so they put it back for me. Evidently they are popular. I am driving the car to get because wifey wants to go to dress store and drive car. So I will give update later on the true effects of the pad. Right at this moment I am in somewhat of pain from a ride the last two days, about 725 mile total. Not to bad but need a little extra something in the seat. I did the Rick Butler seat mod and it is nice, but still need a little something else, and I am not getting any younger. If this works out, this will be a good seat cover for a whole lot less money. More money for gas to ride.... :mo money::mo money::mo money:

Fuzzy

I bought one and tried it and it was the BESTGo get one.

Yea. I got one too. Works real good. Think I'll redo my seat and put it in it.:mo money:

Hey, got it and all I have done so far is to lay it on the seat. Really good fit. Rubber back to make it kinda stick there.

* Do you fellers have yours attached in some way to the seat ?*

I was a little disappointed though at first. It really does not have a solid gell insert, but is very heavy and made from gell I'm sure. Square hollow cells of gell. Looks like it will work fine. I am trying to find some sheepskin material to make a cover out of. So far nothing. The cover on this will zip right off ....

Fuzzy

Peg & I was at Bill (Snarley Bill)& Linda's ST. Charles meet few yrs back and Peg's back was killing her she could hardly move without pain So Tracy (KrossKrountry)& Lori gave Peg their sheep skin pad and it helped some so we went over to Wallieworld and bought the auto seat cushion and with it under the sheep skin Peg's back pain was almost gone. Long story short Peg never rides without the two she said it the best ride she can have on a Venture.

Ikea for sheepskin..........

DAvid

Do not understand David ????

Just remember to take the pad off the seat when you arent riding it. Leave that sucker in the sun at it gets real warm real fast! I really like mine!

Ya thanks, figured that. Thats why I would like a sheepskin cover for it.

Can someone post a link to it from Walmart.com so we all know for sure which one is being talked about. If it's the one I'm thinking of I've had it for about a year and it's great.

Done ......

Mines not attached. I wouldn't leave it sitting on the seat in the summer in south Texas. Probably melt the thing. Melts my shoes walking on some black surfaces here.

Yep, that is why I would like to cover it with sheepskin. Having a hard time finding any on the net or anywhere here at the local fabric shops. Fabric shops are just about a thing of the past anymore. People do not sew like they used to.

Fuzzy

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60114112

not sure if you have an Ikea store local to you but the one closest to me in about an hr away. They sale sheepskins but the small print says not online. You can also google ikea.com to find a store near you

went and found the link for ikea .com

http://www.ikea.com/

DAvid

You could purchase two sheepskin car wash mittons and open them up and cover the gell pad. :lightbulb:

I did find a site on the web that sells sheepskin for pet beds.They are 20" x 20" I think and have a removable inside so they can be washed $56.00 so far. Still looking.....

Fuzzy

http://www.alaskaleatheronline.com/servlet/the-Deluxe/Categories

These are what I have "large, 1 inch thick, detachable with nose strap $64 +$6 so $70

Make sure you get the size for your seat...:mo money:

I"ve been looking for this type of thing. I have a seat pad I purchased at Wally World but have always wanted to try this out. Thanks for the info captainjoe.

There is a man here local that does seat coverings and says that he might be able to get me a 36"x30" piece of black long hair sheepskin for around $ 30.00 . I thought that would be reasonable enough. I would have enough to make me a cover for my backrest also. Finding out tomorrow evening. Will not be able to get it and make before Freebirds MD.

Fuzzy

I've been using the standard car seat "gel" pad seat for under $20 from Wally World for some time now. I like it because it wraps over the edge of the seat just enough to stop the little pain inside the legs where they go over the seat. My wife got one for her seat this spring and will not ride without it. We both just got back from a 900 mile Blue Ridge Parkway end to end ride and would/could not have done it without the pad. I have also done an 1100 mile trip to Cape Canaveral and back and it was very welcomed.

Yes, it is not designed for a motorcycle but it works. Five Thumbs up.

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Went to WallyWorld and found empty hole where they were supposed to be. Guess they are selling a few of them!!

Yes your right Yammer. Sold out here locally and called another store and drove several extra miles to get their last one in stock. The guy put it back for me.They say they keep them in stock, but you know how that is sometimes. Hope you find one, the talk so far is that these things are the way to go. Trying mine out tomorrow on my ride to Freebirds. You can order from Wallmart.com and they will send to your local store, no shipping cost.

Fuzzy

A gell seat cushion made for autos at Wall-mart for $19.96. Yes gell seat covers are sold for $100.00 or more with the sheep skin cover just for bikes. If I could find just a sheep skin cover now to go over the geel pad, I would be in high cotton.....

I hear that it works fine for our bikes from another rider here about two days ago. I found one at the local store here and I am going to go pick it up. The first store was sold out and the next store only had one, so they put it back for me. Evidently they are popular. I am driving the car to get because wifey wants to go to dress store and drive car. So I will give update later on the true effects of the pad. Right at this moment I am in somewhat of pain from a ride the last two days, about 725 mile total. Not to bad but need a little extra something in the seat. I did the Rick Butler seat mod and it is nice, but still need a little something else, and I am not getting any younger. If this works out, this will be a good seat cover for a whole lot less money. More money for gas to ride.... :mo money::mo money::mo money:

Fuzzy

I used the gel cushion on my ride to Mansfield, Ohio and on to Oberlin, Ohio to Freebird,s MD. Great MD meet for me, loved it. The gel cushion did good. I rode 130 mile before my first stop and then another 120 or so before next stop for fuel. I was somewhat sore and wiggling in the seat. But over all it did help and I went from around 70 miles to 130 with out stopping. It does need the sheepskin cover, and I am still looking. This on a Rick Butler mod factory seat. I did the same ride home today the same way. I am wondering if maybe the $124.00 seat cushion with the 3/4 inch gel would be much better. They do already come with sheep skin to.....:confused24:

Fuzzy

It must make you sit up higher of the ground and therefore one needs to have long enough legs so one is not tip toeing especially on a 1st gen? Is that a consideration?

From my own experience, it does sit you noticeably higher and in my case, it made it a bit less confortable to use the highway pegs until I trimmed the sides, which was easy to do.