IGNORED

Helmet Use?

craigatcsi

If you are riding in a State that does not require you to where a Helmet, how often do you wear yours?

Before anyone gives me the rant about how stupid it is to ride without one, I know it is unsafe and unwise.

We wear ours unless it is uncomfortably warm with it on. We LOVE the free feeling without them. It's also safer to wear full face, but we choose the half helmets because we don't like the enclosed feeling of the full face.

We don't see very many riders with helmets on when it is warm out - except for those on the Crotch Rockets. They are usually in full face and full leathers &/or body armor, even when it is 100 degrees!! I don't know how they do it.

craigr

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are riding in a State that does not require you to where a Helmet, how often do you wear yours?

craigr

100% all the time. Full face helmet, jacket, gloves, riding pants (although sometimes just jeans if around town), boots. ATGATT

RR

Years ago while trekking across the corner of South Carolina by myself, I decided to go a little ways without my helmet. I really did not enjoy it. Almost all my street riding as a kid on my 125 Ducati Bronco, I did not wear a helmet, so I wondered what what it would be like.

I will occasionally wear a half helmet, but when riding with my lady Linda, I enjoy all the talking we can do with the intercom.

RandyA

Guest scarylarry

Take mine off when ever the law allows it..

In Tenn. we have too, the helmet law was put off till next year for vote..

My wife and I always wear our full face helmets when riding on two wheels.:backinmyday: However, we rarely wear helmets when riding our ATV's.:stirthepot: About the only time we use helmets on the ATV's is when we're riding on the road.

The forecast for tomorrow here in Michigan is clear skies and a high of 90*, so here is what I'm going to do.

First thing in the AM I'm going to finish putting in my garden, and then I'm going to dress myself in a pair of sneakers, a t shirt with the sleeves cut off, and my favorite camo shorts.

And because Michigan is a "leave your rights at the border" state, I going to don my non DOT beanie.

Then I'm going to spend 4 or 8 hours going no place in particular on my motorcycle. I may even remove my non DOT beanie if the mood strikes. If I had to wear a full face helmet, and my steel toe boots, and my full armored jacket, and riding pants, and a neck brace, and full gloves.....I'd sell the bike.

ATGATT all the time. It has nothing to do with the govt telling me I have to wear a helemt. It's because I like my brain in my head if I wreck. I'm also allergic to asphalt so mesh or textile gear and boots. For those protesting against the MAN and not wearing gear let us know how that goes if you go down. Wife and I were out riding yesterday and I was shocked at how many were out riding and wearing shorts. I can't imagine how bad it would be if they went down.

Before anyone gives me the rant about how stupid it is to ride without one, I know it is unsafe and unwise.

We wear ours unless it is uncomfortably warm with it on. We LOVE the free feeling without them. It's also safer to wear full face, but we choose the half helmets because we don't like the enclosed feeling of the full face.

We don't see very many riders with helmets on when it is warm out - except for those on the Crotch Rockets. They are usually in full face and full leathers &/or body armor, even when it is 100 degrees!! I don't know how they do it.

craigr

I wear full face flip up (modular) all the time. Hot or cold, state law required or not.

All the time. Use to wear a full face but have wore a 3/4 for probably 20 years.

And I don't wear the $50 ones either. As a matter of fact my current helmet is about 7 years old so I have a new Arai this year.

Be safe,

BOO