For some of you that have been following the saga of my V-Max final mod to fit the '99 it did have a happy ending.... sorta... :) For those that hadn't I bought a V-Max final listed in our classifieds from another member. It was represented as being off a 98 with 16,000 miles on it. Sounded good. After receiving it Pegscraper agree'd to bore the housing out to accept the speedo sensor. Upon inspecting the gears after the mod Lynn found them galled and in poor condition. I might add that there was no way of telling they were bad until the sensor hole had been drilled out, but the possibility of quickly burning up the gears was very probable. So I sent a PM to the member/seller and he admitted that the final had been purchased on Ebay a while ago and he was just repeating what he'd been told by the Ebay seller, and I can understand that he didn't know about the galling. So I Figured I'd just wasted a couple of hundred bucks and was unsure what I was going to do.:mo money:

I did have another V-Max final stashed away that I'd picked up off Ebay 3-4 years ago. I planned on installing on the '91. I didn't know it, but when I dug it out, it also had the flat sensor housing. This is where Pegscraper comes to the rescue. Lynn offer to do this one pro-bono to at least a little of the sting out of the money loss, and I am really grateful. I don't want to embarrass him, but he deserves a big thank you...:thumbsup2:

I did email the seller of the first final, explaining that I knew it wasn't entirely his fault as he had no way of knowing about the galled gears, but the final was basically unusable, or iffy at best. It was not what he'd represented. Also when I sell something that I can't verify as being what was represented I guarantee it 100%. I also bought the final because it was from a member. Caveat Emptor.

So far no response.

BTW the second final turned out great.