IGNORED

3/4" Black Plastic Material Inquiry

Phoneman1981

Phoneman, we have a plastics dealer in town here and they sell anything from 4X8 sheets to small pieces of various materials. They have a 'scrap' bin where I buy pieces of scrap of whatever I need. Maybe you have the same supplier type store there.

Brian

I don't know what you are doing specifically, but there is a product called starboard and it is like a plastic, comes in different thicknesses, works like wood, is very strong, and resists UV. Just look for a dealer in your town, or look it up on the internet, it is great stuff and have bben using it is the marine industry for years.

As posted above, I went to see if our industry partner had any plastics (Delrin). He did not have any 3/4" , but had huge blocks of it and it was extremely costly. Sorry I could not help out.

BEER30

I don't know what you are doing specifically, but there is a product called starboard and it is like a plastic, comes in different thicknesses, works like wood, is very strong, and resists UV. Just look for a dealer in your town, or look it up on the internet, it is great stuff and have bben using it is the marine industry for years.

Great product, we use it for re-decking pontoon boats.

Don't know if this would work for your project, but any kitchen installer will gladly give you the sink cut out from solid surface counter tops. It machines like wood and you can drill and tap it. I have used these for all sorts of things. Don't know about UV protection.

If we knew what you were trying to do we could help you out better.

There are a LOT of different kinds of black plastic available with drastically different properties.

For instance one of the least expensive is polyethylene, it can be cut and heat formed but is soft so that it will not hold a screw well and it is almost impossible to glue to. There are others that glue well but can not be formed, etc etc.