IGNORED

new to yamaha question

wecruz

1983 to 1993 are 1st gens, 83 to 85 being Mark 1 and 86 to 93 being Mark 2. 99 to present are 2nd gens,,,, and they are more or less all the same. But they are slower even though there some that are blue,,, and blue is said to be the fastest, but not as fast as brown.

The body styles and yr models. First generation and then the second generation of the same motor but with differences in the way the body is set up and some newer looks. I have the Royal Star Tour Deluxe (second gen). The instrument cluster looks like the old 55 Chevrolet and it is Candy Apple Red and Black. The windshield and passenger back rest can be removed to make the bike look completely different. Just a few of the things that I know. The others that own the 1st gen and been around these bikes for many many yrs can answer better than I. Oh Ya, and after reading marcarl post, RED is the fastest by far and a lot more smoother too.

Fuzzy

:2BLUE:

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

1st Gen was made 1983 - 1993 and is a "sport tourer". It's styled a lot like GoldWings from the same era. The rider foot position is below the hips to improve control (the sport part). The fairing is mounted to the frame and does not move with the bars.

The 2nd gen is the redesigned model (1999 + I think) that has cruiser styling and a more forward rider foot location. The fairing is mounted to the triple tree and turns with the bars.

The drive line on the two are very similar. It's the same basic engine. The 2nd gen has higher gearing which is somewhat offset by a smaller (15" vs. 16" on 1st gen) rear wheel.

On the left side of your screen under the "Main Menu" click on the "Venture History". It will explain the details on each set of gens and give the basic rundown on the bikes.

However, it will not be as colorful and interesting as the explainations from the members here as far as which color is faster and the reasons the 2nd gens are ALWAYS trying to keep up with the 1st gens. :stirthepot:

Mike

Yep First Gen. 1983 to 1993

Second Gen. 1999 to present day

And I have to say since owning both models the First Gen is more sportier and faster but other than that the Second Gen. wins hands down for long trips!! more leg room for rider & passenger - more luggage area - smoother ride

Once in a while you will see First Gen. pick on Second Gen. owners (all in fun) stating their faster but that's OK let them run faster we'll get there sooner or later and we will be more relaxed and ready for another days ride

:stirthepot:

Yup that is correct, Blue is the fastest and brown goes just a little faster, and Red goes just a little faster than ANY other color. More red vehicles get nabbed for speeding than any other color, that proves it.:stickpoke:

And of course 1st gens are faster, that way we always get first dibs on the ice cream and are relaxing with our favorite flavor, while waiting for the 2nd gens to catch up all relaxed and stuff. With this crowd you do not want to be last in line for ice cream, you might not get any. :fnd_(16): :essen_018: :fatsmiley:

I also think that the 1st gens look much better tan the 2nd gens, to me the 2nd gens look to much like a hardly and I don't like there look either.

Squidley, I like them air filter covers. Where did they come from ? You probably made them..:confused24::confused24:

Yes I did make them, unfortunately that is one of the last pics of that particular '99 I owned. The rear tire on that bike blew outside of Baton Rouge LA and we wrecked the bike @ 70 mph. I parted all the salvageable parts out, and sold the covers....I can't recall who bought them

:think:

Now I understand that the blonde 1st gen's are faster. :whistling:

Margaret

In all this 'neener..neener' about the speeds of different Venture colors, notice the Golds don't jump into the fray very often...if at all. That's because they don't need to broadcast about how fast they are... They quietly know that nothing else can keep up, and are comfortable in that knowledge...... :15_8_211[1]:

Blonds might be fast, but they are seldom quick.......:duck:

Now we aren't talking about their wit just how fast they are. Plus they do like curves as well.

Condor is totally right the blondes don't get into all the fuss about whose fastest they just wait at the destination for the others to catch up. :)

Margaret

Hum no one mentioned the metalic blue and black RSTD 08 I must be the fastest cause no one said anything cause they's to scared? :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::whistling:dixie.

Joe

Since you brought it it up, it might be able to pass, a walmart scooter.... :duck::stickpoke:

In all this 'neener..neener' about the speeds of different Venture colors, notice the Golds don't jump into the fray very often...if at all. That's because they don't need to broadcast about how fast they are... They quietly know that nothing else can keep up, and are comfortable in that knowledge...... :15_8_211[1]:

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

My 83 feels like a sport bike, after riding the 86 for the last month. :2cents::canada: