IGNORED

Passed on the right

etcswjoe

Interesting ride in the last two days, part of my ride to work takes me down a fairly busy two lane raod. Well yesterday a lady in a Dodge Nitro decided she wanted to pass me on the right because she could not pass on the left due to oncoming traffic she did not succed but about ran me over when the road went to four lane. You would think this would be a uncommon occurence think again a guy in a pickup truck was tailgating me halfway up the road this morning then decideds he is coming around thankfully I was able to squeeze over enough for him not to hit me or go into oncoming traffic. I stopped behind him at the traffic light and took a picture of his license plate and the big Faternal Order of Police Bumper stick, don't have aclue what I was planning on doing with the picture but it shook him up some.

Just needed to vent

Thanks

If it seems to be a regular occurrence I might stop by the agency and report it. They might set up some "selective" enforcement in the area. I personally know LEO's who have targeted that violation.

That is when I usually will watch real close for those same bone heads when I have my P/U so that I have proper tonnage. I can then safely MAKE them move very slowly down the road and really get them POed.

If you drive the same route at about the same time every day and pay attention, you will learn to recognize that you see the same vehicals in about the same place at about the same time every day.

It was raining today, so I was in the truck, makes it time for payback........

I've never had someone try to squeeze past me in my lane, but then when I am on the bike I use the whole lane to discourage that very behavior.

I've never had someone try to squeeze past me in my lane, but then when I am on the bike I use the whole lane to discourage that very behavior.

That was what surprised me I was using the whole lane, I looked in my mirror and the guy was right on my behind and next thing I knew he was two inches away and still coming :shock3: so I rode the yellow line to keep from getting crunched as he went around. maybe I just need to take a diffrent route to work :confused07:

There are all kinds of fools out here. I was headed home on the bike a couple of weeks ago and in the right hand lane of a 4 lane street. I was in the middle of my lane with my right signal on to turn at the next intersection. All of a sudden a fool on an Ultra was on my right within inches of my right grip. Any closer and he would have clipped me. He was moving right along about 40 mph and as that particular section of road is potholed and broken up he was having a hell of a ride. His feet were bouncing off his floor boards. He then cut across both lanes to the left into the left turn lane and cut through oncoming traffic to turn left. All in about 100 ft.

First time in my life I was hoping to see a rider go down. He probably wouldn't have given it a thought if he had clipped my handle bars and dumped me into the traffic on my left.

Guest Swifty
That was what surprised me I was using the whole lane, I looked in my mirror and the guy was right on my behind and next thing I knew he was two inches away and still coming :shock3: so I rode the yellow line to keep from getting crunched as he went around. maybe I just need to take a diffrent route to work :confused07:

so was there a whole lot of room in front of you that they thought they could get into, or were you following traffic???

Try to keep up with the speed and stay away from the idiot drivers out there. Just by observing how a driver move around traffic, we all can almost always spot which vehicle you need to stay away. If a vehicle wants to pass me, I let them pass as I maintain my cruising speed. Defensive driving is the key and keep in mind, we will never win against a cager so exercise extra caution.

Ride Safe everyone.