IGNORED

HAndle bars Road king to RSTC

muaymendez1

I know everyone who has chenged thier bars here says the way to go is that flanders bars. Due to the lack of available expendable fund I will have to wait months. The other option is toi find nice bars on ebay and get them in a week.

I have been looking at road king and a few royal star bars. Better pull back and wider as well.

has anyone tried road king bars, There is one I am looking at which does not have the knurled mounthing sections in the middle.

is this necessary on our bikes for secure mouning or can i mount smooth handle bars?

i have 3 on watched list on ebay right now so I am looking for the jury before purchasing.

I can get one of these for $40 with shipping, hope I can go this route and save some cah while enjoying my ride some more.

I don't see a problem with it being non-knurled, There are other ways of tightening the bar. The knurling does make it easier to tighten and to line up.

The problem with the RSTD (I assume this is the bike you are refering to) is it has a very wide speedo that sits above the handle bar so the middle of the bar has to be unsusally wide before it will fit.

I just walked out to the garage to check and a Fatboy handle bar is just a bit wider at that point than the stock RSTD so they should fit.

By the way I have the RSTD and Fatboy bar for sale if anyone is interested:big-grin-emoticon:

If your speedo is on the tank I don't see why any bar would not fit if it is the correct diameter.

Most of the people talking about the Flanders are the 2nd generation with the large speedo. The reason is because it's base is wide enough to fit it. Many bars are not.

That was my error I thought you may have hit the c rather than d in the discription of your bike.

Show us a picture of your bike.