IGNORED

Need help with greasing swing arms ?

Should I even worry about this for now, or just squirt some kinda spray lube on these spots (Swing Arm) ? I have 12,300 mile on my bike. I have removed the rear wheel and I am going to grease the main gears on the shaft and wheel and the fingers in the wheel (third time doing this, but finally with the Honda Molly 30 this time. Hard time finding it here). Are there supposed to be factory grease fittings on my 07 Tour Deluxe at the swing arm ? Anything else I should do while the rear wheel is off and bike is up ? :confused24: I will clean and wax the hidden areas also while everything is off. Going back to garage to start cleaning the wheel and begin to grease. I am also changing oil and rear diff grease again. I have changed the rear diff grease twice already in the last 12,000 miles and three yrs and the oil & filter every 4000 miles. Be back in a little bit to see what you all think...... Update; did not see any grease fittings there in the swing arm. So maybe next yr at Freebirds Maintenance Day ??? Mmmmmmmm . Maybe just maybe the grease fitting mod would be doable. Now that would be great. Back to the garage.. *update 8:12 pm - had some company to come, got the diff oil changed and now draining the engine oil. Surprised no one has any info. The rear splines are all cleaned and greased with the Honda molly. Be back later, off to the garage again. Man I love that Bike lift. I got a steal of a buy on a new Harbor Frieght, one of the big red jacks that jack up the whole bike, sweeeeeet. Using along with the stand that I purchased from some one here a while back.

Thanks in advance...... Fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

No grease fittings on the swing arm.

When I had my 98 Royal Star and it came time to repack the swing arm bearings I asked the dealer. They said they rarely do it, as the bearings do not move much and they never had any go bad. I rode that bike for 96,000 miles and never did have the bearings checked. Maybe not the best advice, but I am not overly concerned about thoe bearings going bad.

I would like to hear from folks that have done the inspection / repack to know what they found when as to the condition of the bearings.

No grease fittings on the swing arm.

When I had my 98 Royal Star and it came time to repack the swing arm bearings I asked the dealer. They said they rarely do it, as the bearings do not move much and they never had any go bad. I rode that bike for 96,000 miles and never did have the bearings checked. Maybe not the best advice, but I am not overly concerned about thoe bearings going bad.

I would like to hear from folks that have done the inspection / repack to know what they found when as to the condition of the bearings.

Thanks,

Thats is kinda my problem. The book says 16000 mile repack bearings. :confused24: But can't really find anything here except some bikes with around 85,000 or so that did a repack and a mod to put in grease fittings. I just came from garage to get some slick 50 that is made for guns to spray the shock attachment moving points and the swing arm moving points. I think I have some Remington with polly in it too. Will maybe use it also to lube the pivit points of shock and swing arm. I first srayed with WD-40 to claen. BACK TO THE GARAGE I GO.....