IGNORED

Hope I didn't make a mistake.

Printer has been out of ink because I just don't have the $68.00 to by the 5 cartridge pack of ink. Seen on e-bay a company in California selling a compatible 5 pack with chips for $10.80 and free shipping so I decided to give them a try. They arrived today, so I installed them, did the print tests and printed out a couple of things. They seem to work great. If they don't last as long as the Cannons I can buy 6 sets of these for the price of 1 set of the Cannons. Just so they don't damage the printer.

:fingers-crossed-emo

Printer has been out of ink because I just don't have the $68.00 to by the 5 cartridge pack of ink. Seen on e-bay a company in California selling a compatible 5 pack with chips for $10.80 and free shipping so I decided to give them a try. They arrived today, so I installed them, did the print tests and printed out a couple of things. They seem to work great. If they don't last as long as the Cannons I can buy 6 sets of these for the price of 1 set of the Cannons. Just so they don't damage the printer.

:fingers-crossed-emo

Printer ink is one of the biggest rip-offs known to man.

A chip reset tool is cheap, and so are generic inks. Refill your own, it's easy.

Back when I had a Cannon printer, I tried the generic ink, the printer did not last long after that before the print heads plugged up never to work again. It was cheaper to get a new printer than to replace the print heads.

Since I do not do much printing the printer was always cleaning itself which uses up a lot of ink. I was only getting a couple of dozen prints out of that expensive cartridge set. :mo money:

I have since gone to a color laser printer, (picked up a referb HP for $83 ebay) toner does not dry up since it is a dry powder to begin with. In the long run it is WAY cheaper than ink. I have been working on the original toner cartridges for 4 years now, and they still claim to be at 50% full.

Back when I had a Cannon printer, I tried the generic ink, the printer did not last long after that before the print heads plugged up never to work again. It was cheaper to get a new printer than to replace the print heads.

Since I do not do much printing the printer was always cleaning itself which uses up a lot of ink. I was only getting a couple of dozen prints out of that expensive cartridge set. :mo money:

I have since gone to a color laser printer, (picked up a referb HP for $83 ebay) toner does not dry up since it is a dry powder to begin with. In the long run it is WAY cheaper than ink. I have been working on the original toner cartridges for 4 years now, and they still claim to be at 50% full.

Second this.