IGNORED

Larger Crash Bar For 1 Gen ?

Does anyone know of a larger front crash bar for the 1st Gen? Something that provides better protection and still looks decent. I accidently dropped the VR in the garage and the thing laid absolutely flat. Nothing damaged. Something that would at least allow the VR to lay at an angle and protect the fairing and acessories.

It is not that the crash bar failed or broke.

When my bike fell over in the back yard it also laid flat with the corner of the faring on the ground.

I think this is partly due the 1st gen being so top heavy, in order to have the bike just lean over onto the bars the bars would either have to stick WAY out the sides or be much higher up on the bike.

I have actually done a 30 mph skid on my left side crash bars and neither the front or rear crash bars folded (laid flat) now there are spots that were ground down somewhat but the bars retained their genral curvature and shape.

The protection afforded by the bars was enough to keep me from getting seriously crushed by the bike as we skidded along. So not sure how dropping one could fold a bar. That is curious. I would also welcome a bigger bar if for no other reason than to have a better choice of highway pegs.:cool10:

My Crash Bars did not fold or break a weld. Its just that they do not appear to provide much protection, but they sure do look good. Hopefully I will never find out. I was just inquiring if someone may have created or found a better crash bar.

• 3 months later...