IGNORED

Water Wetter

Monty

I know there are mixed reviews on here, but...

Friday, I changed out the coolant in my '03 RSV. When I was refilling it, I first added a half bottle of Water Wetter, that I purchased from Auto Zone. I then filled the system with a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and distilled water. We went on a good ride yesterday, and the bike is actually running 20 degrees cooler than it was. I am very happy with it. Some may say Water Wetter does nothing, but I believe what I am seeing. I have a temp gauge on my bike, and it is definitely running 20 degrees cooler.:happy34:

http://www.redlineoil.com/Products.aspx?pcid=10

Hey Monty!

How you doing my friend? Are you moving?

I have used water wetter in my cars, and it does work. In my old Volkswagen Scirocco it dropped the temp. about the same as you experienced. It works! Haven't thought about using it in the bike.....maybe one of these days!

gunk:shock3:

I've never used it but have no reason to doubt what you are seeing with your temp gauge. My only question would be is it GOOD that it is running 20 degrees cooler? I know that automobiles and motorcycles are designed to run at certain temperatures. That's why they have thermostats that don't open until they get to the recommended temp. It used to be pretty common for cars to run thermostats that were calibrated at 160F or 180F but many now run in the 200F, 205F, etc. range. The engines are designed to run at their highest efficiency at the recommended temperatures so I'm just not convinced that adding anything that causes them to run at a lower temp that designed for is a good thing.

Hey Randy! We will be moving eventually. I need to work on which location I want to go, but it will be in East Tennessee. We'll probably end up living somewhere near Oak Ridge. I also need to get my house put up for sale. I am a procrastinator...lol.

Don, I understand your concern, but our bikes don't have computer controlled systems. When and if we ever get fuel injection, maybe.

I know my gauge isn't exactly accurate, but it usually shows 230 degrees when running down the interstate. It now hovers around 210. I can see when my fan kicks on. It will move to around 215, and then drop back, to around 205. Yesterday, it never went over 215. I think it will be ok at that temperature.

Hey Randy! We will be moving eventually. I need to work on which location I want to go, but it will be in East Tennessee. We'll probably end up living somewhere near Oak Ridge. I also need to get my house put up for sale. I am a procrastinator...lol.

We were through Oak Ridge a couple of years ago, toured that AWESOME museum they have there.....pretty town, pretty area.....I could move there in a heartbeat!

gunk:whistling:

I didn't notice a difference in performance, but then again I wasn't paying attention to that. The bike runs great as it is. I had a Harley guy(heritage softail) catch up to me yesterday, and he said "Man, that thing is fast, isn't it?":beer:

As for price, 12 ounce bottle is $9.99 at Auto Zone. Not expensive.

We used to run this water wetter stuff in our race bikes...I am a believer in it for that application for sure. We used infrared thermometers to see the difference in the temps. It did make a difference with smaller cooling systems to save weight.

I am not sure if it would benefit the Venture that much since it has a pretty good size radiator anyway... but it definitely cannot hurt on those 100 'F days stuck in traffic.

Used the stuff in my '83. Ran to Ft Collins in 100+ temps and the motor ran right under redline. Bought some wetter from the local Napa Dealer down from the Moose Lodge and on the way back it ran 3-4 needle widths under redline, and the temps were even hotter on the way home. I now use it everytime I flush the systems. A little bit of this is supposed to go a long way. Probably a couple of ozs. in the radiator, and a blurp in the overflow. I'm sold on it.:thumbsup2:

I found a video on Youtube on Redline Water Wetter.

Click on the video to watch it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pApWgZdozQA]Water Wetter Video on Youtube[/ame]

REMEMBER that Watter Wetter is normally used in race cars engines.

MSDS is HERE

it looks like they are useing PolySiloxane (silicone oil) Polymer as a defoaming agent and seal lube...

I have used Redline Water Wetter for years. Its well worth it. And it cant hurt the engine. All it needs is a few capfuls to be effective.

As an alternative product, has anybody used Radiator Relief from DEI?

The product website is HERE

Product data sheet and MSDS are HERE

I currently have the DEI Radiator Relief in the bike,four wheeler and the wife and I's cars (both turbos) along with a couple other turbo related things from them on my car. It seems to be as good as Water Wetter takes around 20 degrees out on temps. The fans hardly come on now except for extended long idling periods (mainly on the four wheeler). They all run around the 200-205 degree temps with either the Redline or DEI product. MY :2cents: