IGNORED

Road Pegs with Lower Wind Deflectors

:usa:

I've had my Kury Longhorn Pegs in the perfect position since I got the RSTD. A few months ago I added the lower wind deflectors (Yamaha). I cant seem to come up with the right adjustment for the pegs now without interfering with the deflectors. Their either too close or too low. Does anyone know of pegs that extend farther out to clear the deflectors but still allow for some height adjustment?

Option 2: What do I use to trim the deflector? (If anyone else has done this, can you provide a picture? I dont care for this option because of the price paid for lower wind deflectors.)

Thanks for the replies. I guess I've had the pegs in what I thought was the perfect position for so long that nothing else feels right. I have the peg clamp facing me, I've tried beyond the travel of the wind deflector and my legs are fully extended and feet are almost on the ground in turns. I set them rotated in front of the clearance of the wind deflector and my legs are too bent. I was hoping someone wouldve had the same experience and found a great way to extend the road pegs beyond the wind deflectors or had different brand of adjustable pegs.

Thanks for the pics. That is the way I had them but felt that my legs were too bent. I have decided that "too bent" is better than fully extended and too low. I guess before I hit the road for a week next month I'll decide if I want to keep the deflectors on or not. This weekend was the first time I got to ride any distance with the deflectors and they do make a difference while your feet are on the boards but since I ride with my feet on the pegs most the time I might be more comfortable without deflectors at all.

Dave,

Had the exact same issue when I added the lower deflecters to my RSV.

I ended up moving the longhorns around until I found the room to maneuver the lowers.

I got used to it after a while.

If you notice the crash bar flexing too much, check out Carbon One's crash bar stiffeners. Best mod I've made to the bike.

Ride safe.

Bob

i made spacers out of round steel painted them black got a longer stanless bolt spacer is about 3/4 to 1 inch length can take picture if you whant

I would like to see pics if it's no problem. That is what I was thinking might be my next move.

:usa:

Some great ideas now. Thanks everyone for the pics. I've moved them 4 times now but dont think they're high enough for my liking. I'll try adjusting a couple more times based on what I've seen here before I resort to trimming them. CMIKE, what did you use to trim them?

I'm still not convinced that these deflectors are what I need. It seemed to spread the hot air and cause more of an up-draft. I was riding on a really windy day, I'll try again on a normal day.

Some great ideas now. Thanks everyone for the pics. I've moved them 4 times now but dont think they're high enough for my liking. I'll try adjusting a couple more times based on what I've seen here before I resort to trimming them. CMIKE, what did you use to trim them?

I'm still not convinced that these deflectors are what I need. It seemed to spread the hot air and cause more of an up-draft. I was riding on a really windy day, I'll try again on a normal day.

I know what you mean about adjusting the long horn pegs...I hauled a wrench around with me for 2-3 months till I finally got them highway pegs in the sweet spot for me. I almost wore the bolts out moving them. I also had to cut a shim our of a beer...i mean Coke can to make the clamps tighter on the 3/4" bars.

To cut the lower vents...I taped them up front and back with masking tape then cut what I wanted off with a jig saw really slowly. Filed off the edges and used a little sand paper to smooth it all up. My cut looks as good as the factory cut.

Some folks swear the ventse do nothing for the cooling the rider...I am not so sure they do or don't and you would think it would... Either way I like mine, if nothing more than the looks. Not sure if they are cost effective for cooling since most of the heat comes through the radiator anyway.

I do believe they keep some of the cold air off you during the winter.