IGNORED

spyder rt

mikentinamidnight

Are there any members here that own a spyder?

Tina and I are thinking of getting one and were wondering what peoples opinions were.

So far the reviews are all pretty positive.

We are heading to Pioneer Motorsports tomorrow to test drive one since they have been so good to us Ventureriders.

Any opinions will be appreciated

Thanks

Mike and T

Well, I don't own one but I went to Pioneer with Bongobob one day and they MADE me take one for a test ride. I have to tell you, I am not ready to give up my bike but if I could afford one of those in addition to what I already have, it would be parked in the garage next to the RSV. It was just a LOT of fun.

Are there any members here that own a spider?

Tina and I are thinking of getting one and were wondering what peoples opinions were.

So far the reviews are all pretty positive.

We are heading to Pioneer Motor sports tomorrow to test drive one since they have been so good to us Venture riders.

Any opinions will be appreciated

Thanks

Mike and T

Be sure to update us on your experience and a few pic's. Never rode one but they sure look neat. :080402gudl_prv::cool10:

Joe

Guest scarylarry

I never rode one but was told by a owner of one the fuel mileage wasn't that great around 25mpg and he rode 2 up

I've ridden one and all I can say is WOW...PLENTY OF POWER AND GREAT FEATURES TOO.... If you go to fast in a turn and a tire begins to lift ,the engine disengages to put the tire back on the ground...GIVE IT GAS ON SAND OR GRAVEL AND IT WILL CREEP BUT, WHEN YOU HIT SOLID GROUND THE TIRES WILL SMOKE.....They are a ball to ride....I keep looking at them too!! I'm not getting any younger and with the new tour model thats out all I can say is I wan't one....Have a good time on your test ride.. your gonna have a good time !:fatsmiley:

one of the guys that i ride with has one, and we have swapped a few times, it is a blast and has tons of power, the trunk/cargo area in the front will hold 3 bags of groceries and the thing is smooth as silk. the ride position is like that of a snowmobile or a watercraft with gobs of soft seating. they also offer a matching trailer made by can-am .

yes if i had the coin to spare..... i would have one too.

mike

Not exactly mine, but I'm one of the half dozen privileged to be approved for training on it...:biker:

They both are fully equiped with front and rear radar and camera.

We have two of them in our fleet. :usa:

now thats Cool!!!:thumbsup2:

Can I still call it a "Ditch Pickle"? Since its based on a snowmobile chassis. Thats what we call the snowmobiles that ride the ditches in the winter up here. Perhaps I can call em a "Asphalt Pickle". Somehow that doesnt have quite the same ring to it........:whistling:

Not exactly mine, but I'm one of the half dozen privileged to be approved for training on it...:biker:

They both are fully equiped with front and rear radar and camera.

We have two of them in our fleet. :usa:

That job of yours is really getting rough isn't it??:whistling::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I looked at and test rode a couple of the RT's last fall. I liked the ride ok, but the handling was a tad "strange". I seriously considered one, but a couple things turned me off (1) handling (just not my thing, I like to lean); (2) fuel economy (terrible!); (3) the early RT's have been plaqued with a number of electrical problems. I was on Spyderrider and a LOT of different folks reported the same type issues (basically computer glitches that put the unit out of service). I also noted that the seats on one new unit that I test rode and another sitting on the shop floor had the seat cover separating from the padding underneath (wrinkling up-looked awful)Those things, plus the high $$ were what turned me off. I like the concept, but not too sure about the execution-certainly don't want to be a beta tester....:whistling:

Well we did our test ride and once I got used to the handling it turned out to be a much better ride than our trike.

It was very smooth over rough roads, had good get up and go with much more power in fifth gear and had less wind on myself and Tina.

She liked the ride so much she said we just need to go home and sell our trike and we will get one.

Overall we were both very happy with the performance so if anyone is looking for a trike just give me a shout.

Thank you all for the input.

If our fearless leader says he would buy one and If it is good enough for the West Virginia Fuzz then it is good enough for me.

Thanks again.

Mike and T

my take on the spyder is a good one. my wife thinks they are stupid looking. who cares what wives think. lol. i like it better than a trike. there is room for floor boards, which i would want, and it needs way more motor. i would consider one when i get a little older, but these two issues would have to be addressed. i have got a feeling that more motor may be dangerous, so they set a limit on horse power due to the design. 900 cc's seems rather anemic considering the overall weight. i saw one take off at full throttle and was'nt impressed at all. over all looks and design in my book is very cool. i could do one someday. maybe for my 70th birthday. snarley bill ps. a young lady passes me on the highway once in awhile on a yellow one and looks like she is enjoying the hell out of the ride. someday i will catch her and find out. :clap2:

Guest tx2sturgis

I have ridden both the sport model and the touring model, and I just dont care for them.

So...put cops on them....thats a good end use.

:stirthepot:

• 3 years later...

My son has a 08 RT model. I've ridden his but sure won't be giving up my RSV/Hannigan anytime soon for one. For me the ride position on his was too much like sitting on a sport bike. I have sat on the touring versions and that was a lot better. So would be open minded about them. Costs of the full blown touring model is way up there too.

Larry

Just this year they came out with a bigger motor in them. Is that the one you're getting. I test rode them before and was super impressed with everything but the power of the 900 cc motor. Make sure you're getting one with the new bigger motor. I think its an 1100 now. Or it might even be bigger.