IGNORED

Might be off the bike for a while...............

DragonRider

Now that Charlene is on her way to recovery, its starting all over!!!

For the past 2-3 weeks I have been having a pain in my right hip area, at first thought it was a pulled muscle, but its getting to the point that I am not able to sleep in my bed at all, no matter how I lay I am in terrible pain,last night I had to sleep in the recliner with my legs elevated to alleviate the pain. I am having a hard time walking,and numbness in my right leg, these are the same symptons Charlene had when her hip starting acting up on her, but mine was a sudden onset and I cant believe the amount of pain it is causing me. I have an appointment with the orthopedist Monday, I was lucky to get the appt so quick, I guess since Charlene is a regular patient there it helps. This timing of this is lousy.........

So if you folks could say a few prayers for me, I would greatly appericate it.............

I guess since Charlene is a regular patient there it helps.

What was Charlene' symptoms/diagnosis?

I have been having something very similar to what you describe.

I have an extreme pain in left leg esp. when I get up. Has been increasing a bunch last two days. I have had kidney stones and this pain is right there with the stones.

Dr. put me on a high short term dose of steroids Tuesday to try and reduce inflammation that may be pressing on a nerve.

Good luck BTW.

Gary

prayers on the way. you might try a chiorpracter,if you can find a good one their great.i've had back surg before and i swear by my back dude. sometimes i can pull a muscle and he can have me back on my feet in no time. a regular dr would give me pills and i'd be down for a while.http://www.greenhandschiro.com/

cancel the appt with the orthoped ricky tick. You need a appt with a neurosurgeon. You have a pinched (probably sciatic) nerve. Do get to the doc, asap, though. I wish I had 15 years ago, but I tried to "soldier on," and ended up with a severed sciatic nerve and a foot drop on the right side. I also have all kinds of other "stuff" from the severed nerve. Don't become a paraplegic without the wheelchair, like me...

Lewis, we will pull for ya. Hang in there. There has been times when for months I've had to use a cane and yet====I use nothing now. Hope you can get past this, a good bone crusher sometimes can do wonders no one can understand. Sometimes its just in the mind and reducing stress. I've passed on the knife solution several times and today I'm glad I did. Like I said, we are all pulling for ya and hope the current problem resolves itself without the need of surgery. :)

Really sorry to hear it Lewis. You and Charlene have had way to much of this junk on your plate over the past few years. I hope that it turns out not to be as major as it sounds.

Lewis, have you considered WHAT might be causing these misfortunes? When I see your avatar, it makes me wonder..hmmmmmmmmmm.......... Is it possible that you are being punished for your support of those Loozianner boys? Maybe change that avatar to a white star on a blue background and just see if things don't get better for you. :confused24:

Prayers be with you.

Sounds just what I went through. L5-SI ...disc completely gone. Then later, both hips collapsed. Neurosurgeon fixed my back and did a darn good job with it. I was partially paralyzed before the fusion.

On my hips, I saw one of the best in the US Orthopedic surgeon up in AK who diagnosed that both hips collapsed. Had bone drilling to releave the pain. I was diagnosed with Vascular Necrosis (dead bone due to no blood supply). I'm supposed to be using crutches since the surgery, but they make my back hurt (not the fused section). They could have replaced the hips, but they want me to hold off as long as I can. I've been to bone breakers/benders to acupuncture. I've been tossed all herbs and spices (natural and man made narcotics) and which none have helped.

I know what your going through Bro, and hope that you recover soon.

BEER30

Sorry to hear about your problems Lewis. If you do decide to go to a chiropractor at some time but don't have one you normally go to, we go to a fellow biker that has an office over by Cycle City.

Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Cliff