IGNORED

Now the Starter won't turn over

If you remember me with the stuck float, I've got it unstuck and tested by activating the kill switch. No more fuel out the overflow. Got it all back together.

Now the Starter won't turn over. Kill switch is on Run. Lights and horn works. The last time the starter turned over was when I was turning the engine over trying to unstick the float.

Open to suggestions.

try this , with key on , hold down the starter button , than flip the kill sw. on and off a few time , next ? do's your head lite go out when you hit the starter button ? check your clutch lever , kickstand sw . neutral lite on ?

Thanks. I had it in gear.

Put the Kill switch on Run, choked it, Hit the starter, starter turns over. But now won't fire. It has been pretty much sitting all winter long.

I'm not hearing the fuel pump clicking like I used to when I was clearing my stuck float.

Any Suggestions?

I know the tank petcock is open for I probably went through a couple of quarts of fuel during my stuck float issue.

I will tmorrow undo the carb bowl screw on each carb then turn the key on to see if the fuel pump clicks.

And I will remove each plug and ground them and test for spark.

Tks for the advise.

Just in time. This past Saturday was the best day for a ride in the Seattle area. It got into the mid 60s, blue sky, and my VR still not running. I woke up early to give it one last try before heading for Church. I drained each carb to test the fuel pump, and the fuel pump does work. I took out one plug and grounded it and yes it does spark good.

Then I heard that dreadful sound of fuel coming out the overflow again. I looked down and yep. Not again, blankety blank float. So I finished testing the other 3 plugs for spark and yes all the plugs are good. And yes I was doing this out side and waited for the gas to evaporate before testing each plug.

I then in record time took the air cleaner box off and emptyed the drain bolt from carb # 2 for that was the carb's float that was stuck initially. I took the 18 gage wire and lifted the float a few times and then put it all back together. In record time but then it was only my 2nd time doing this.

Oh I did read up on all the issue on the challenges so many had in getting the breather hose back on. My first time I was scrathing my head for I could see the challege. Then I thought well I'll put the breather hose on the aircleaner and position the lock clip correctly, then kinda of wiggle and guide the breather tube where it belongs and in a couple of minutes the air cleaner slipped into it place. Then I positioned the other end of the hose over the breather tube and with a long flat file I was able to slip the hose onto the tube. The file's teeth helped grip the hose. Then I took my long thin trangler file and pushed the lock clip onto position. All done in about 15 minutes. Tighten the 4 carb screws.

Kind of firguering that it may take a few cranking of the engine to get it started, I put the battery charger on 50amps. It took some cranking and a few shots of starter fluid my VR came to life.

On my ride to Chuch, I could tell that my heal toe shifer was loose so I pulled over and tighten it. But it kept coming loose about ever 5 miles. Hmm must have left a part off over the winter project. Made it to Church and found some duct tape. I better put a role of duct take in my trunk when I get home. My ride home was much more enjoyable.

VR ran just like it did when I rode it home from Sacramento.

If anyone has a parts list and the instructions of parts installation sequence for the heal toe shifer, I'd appreciate it. Meanwhile I better pick up a couple extra end nuts.

Thank you all for all the advsie. Looking forward to a wonderful summer.