IGNORED

Nicest 1 Gen I have seen

StarFan

Stumbled upon this 1st Gen on a Norwegian web site. Gotta say that this is the nicest 1st. Gen I have ever seen. Would buy it if I wanted a slower bike than my 1998 Royal Star Tour Classic II :whistling::stirthepot: The Norwegian price on the other hand is something different. Motorcycles here cost an arm and a leg and the wife and the dog to ! 17.743 US$ is the asking price. They have extremely hefty taxes here on motorcycles. But don´t worry - it will go for that price.

Here is the link: http://www.finn.no/finn/mc/used/object?finnkode=26954627

Friendly regards from Iceland (Norway at the moment at work),

Jonas

Stumbled upon this 1st Gen on a Norwegian web site. Gotta say that this is the nicest 1st. Gen I have ever seen. Would buy it if I wanted a slower bike than my 1998 Royal Star Tour Classic II :whistling::stirthepot: Jonas

Yep, I would say it would be about an even race........ with the 1st gen pulling the trailer.......if it was loaded real heavy.......going up a steep hill. :rotf:

RandyA

I couldn't read one word of it. LOL :stickpoke:

but it was nice looking!

Dette er en sjelden og flott sykkel i meget god original stand. Alt av ekstra originalt utstyr er montert. Både sykkel og henger er motivlakkert. Bildene taler for seg. Sykkel og henger selges samlet. Sykkelen er flere ganger premiert som fineste 1200!

Kun seriøse henvendelser.

Translation:

This is a rare and great bike in very good original condition. All of the additional original equipment fitted. Both the bike and hanging scene is painted. The pictures speak for themselves. Bicycle and trailer are sold together. The bike is several times awarded as the best 1200!

Only serious inquiries.

Yep, I would say it would be about an even race........ with the 1st gen pulling the trailer.......if it was loaded real heavy.......going up a steep hill. :rotf:

RandyA

Well Randy.

With V Max cams and stiffer springs, 32mm Venture carbs with bigger needles, modified airbox, Dynajet ignition module, V Max Final drive and other goodies I am gonna wait for you at the top of the hill :stirthepot: :hihi: :hihi:

Friendly regards,

Jonas

Well Randy.

With V Max cams and stiffer springs, 32mm Venture carbs with bigger needles, modified airbox, Dynajet ignition module, V Max Final drive and other goodies I am gonna wait for you at the top of the hill :stirthepot: :hihi: :hihi:

Friendly regards,

Jonas

Wow, you have almost made a 1st gen out of it. I am impressed.

RandyA

You did the conversion with the daily exchange rate, which does not accurately reflect the real cost of the motorcycle. The cost of living, and hence the price of goods, and the salaries earned, are much higher than the US market to compensate for this substantial difference. Things are pricey there, but using the exchange rate, falsely reflects the price of the motorcycle, which btw is very nice.

Brian

Well Randy.

Friendly regards,

Jonas

Oh Jonas, I'm sorry to say, but your Mods only will shorten the waiting Period but not putting you in front of Randy.

Hey Jonas, one of the changes that you made that I bet really helped is going to the V-Max rear. It is my understanding that the RSTD has slightly wider spaced gearing than the Royal Star Venture and 5th is really tall. The reason I have an interest in this is I am putting together a combination of a low mileage 83 engine with the gearing out of a 01 Venture and a V-Max rear. This should give me about 8% lower in 1st, 4% lower in 2nd with 3rd and 4th being about the same as before and 5th being almost 5% higher. I have known several that put the V-Max rear in 1st gens and it made them even quicker, but suffered when doing some traveling. I am hoping that my combination will be the best of both worlds for a 1st gen as I routinely run mine up to about 8,000 rpm's in 1st and 2nd.

RandyA

You did the conversion with the daily exchange rate, which does not accurately reflect the real cost of the motorcycle. The cost of living, and hence the price of goods, and the salaries earned, are much higher than the US market to compensate for this substantial difference. Things are pricey there, but using the exchange rate, falsely reflects the price of the motorcycle, which btw is very nice.

Brian

You are right Brian, I just used the exchange rate and did a straight calculation on the price. But I do not think it falsely reflects the price - on the contrary I think it gives a pretty true price reflection !

The median household income in Norway for the year of 2009 was 65.000 US$. In USA it was 49.777 US$. This is the average including both genders.

So this would mean that the difference in vages is around 23.5%. The cost of living on the other hand is much, much higher in Norway than in the USA. 23% difference in cost of living would be a very modest estimate. For example the gallon of Gasoline in Norway costs around 9,84 US$ at the gas station. A half a liter of Coke costs around 4,40 US$.

So go figure,,,,,,,,

I personally think that the price of this bike in Norway using the exchange rate gives a fair price idea in US$. Note that I work here and I have a pretty good price comparism between Iceland, Norway and USA. I live in Iceland, work in Norway and have been importing all kinds of goods from USA like cars, motorcycles, musical instruments and the list goes on,,,,, I also travel to the USA around every other year and have a pretty good idea of the cost of living over there as well as general income. I follow up pretty much how you guys are doing over there.

Norway is simply the most expensive country I have ever been in and motorcycles here are extremely expensive compared with general income. They are looked upon as luxury and are severly taxed by import.

Hope this sheds some lights on the issue. I think that the comparism using the exchange rate is not "False" - I think it is actually "True".

Friendly regards,

Jonas