IGNORED

1 More room available at the Comfort Inn

gunkylump

Beth and I received some bad for us news yesterday, our tenants are moving out on June 1st....so we won't be able to make it to maintenance day in Ohio. THAT SUCKS! MD is the trip that I look forward to every year more than anything....I am NOT a happy camper.:(

We are going to have to stay home and prep the rental unit for rent:confused24:......we need to rent it out quick, the payments are a bit of a killer. I shudder when I think of the clean up involved....I had let them paint the master bedroom...it's one ugly color, and they did an ugly job of it.....geesh!

So...no MD lunch, no MD renewing friendships and making new ones, no partying at the Comfort Inn with all you crazies, dang it, no cheaper than Canadian priced wine, no getting the heck away for a weekend. Gonna miss meeting Aussie Annie and Quickie....er, I mean Quickstep...did I mention I'm not a happy camper....this is worse than snow!:shock3:

Just a wee bit of history then....when Beth:bighug: and I met, she lived 4 blocks up the street, we married, moved away. Her house sold, mine didn't, bottom fell out of the real estate market along with everything else. We decided to get a larger home when we moved back. It's been a battle with tenants ever since, the market is not good here in Windsor, and selling just isn't in the cards right now due to being locked in on the mortgage and the fees to get out of it are huge. In a nutshell..I guess that's it without a whole lot of boring, if not already BORING details.

So...have some extra fun while you're all there at Don's, and think of us while you're doing it!

We are going to miss out big time, $#@#$%%% it.

gunk:depressed:

This is just a bad dream Gunk. Your going to wake up in the morning and it will be gone.:draming: Go to sleep now.

Why don't you run an add and when they reply and you tell them the tenants are moving out June 1st and it won't be ready for another week after that. Maybe they will want it and may say, we will take it as is. Ya never no.

We will miss you guys.

You can always run the ad now with the available date of the first and offer the first month free or discounted if the new tenants clean up the mess from the last. A tenent that would be willing to clean it up will be more likely to keep it that way. Back in the days when I was renting I did that deal a few times.

You can always run the ad now with the available date of the first and offer the first month free or discounted if the new tenants clean up the mess from the last. A tenent that would be willing to clean it up will be more likely to keep it that way. Back in the days when I was renting I did that deal a few times.

Hey Gunk! This sounds like a plan :thumbsup2:

Thanks to all for the offers of help and cheer.....just a few issues that I have to deal with.....in my job, we work pretty much every weekend loading the great lakes freighters with salt....I can only scrounge so much time off, and I'm the bottom guy on the list. So..I do have the MD weekend off, but not another weekend even remotely close to it....so..to get the house ready for the next tenant, I have to use the MD weekend to get it done. Not sure yet, but due to my work mates vacation schedule, I may be on 12 hour shifts for a couple of weeks straight starting in that time slot....doesn't give me much time to prep the house.

We're planning on hiring a cleaner/cleaning service to get the house ready, I'll be concentrating on the outside, and Beth painting on the inside.....paint fumes make me very, very ill....lucky me

I'll have to hook up the washer and dryer, the tenants are of course taking theirs with them, they didn't use the ones provided. Yup, the house comes with frig, stove, washer and dryer.

The yard needs a lot of work, they definitely weren't the type to do anything...we are going to start advertising tonight about the vacancy....IF we get a prospective tenant who would do the cleaning for a cut in the first months rent, we'll work on that deal....but I'm not banking on it. IBents had reserved our rooms as he graciously had done last year as well, so I sure don't want to leave him on the hook for our room, so we cancelled it.

So.....maybe, there is a very slight chance though, maybe we can make it to MD, but I really, really doubt it. If we don't get it rented out, the extra burden of the mortgage will one hundred per cent preclude us travelling anywhere, let alone meals and a motel room for 2 nights.

So, in a nutshell, y'all know we want to go...heck, last year was Beth's birthday, and birthday's are a big thing for her...and we were at MD, that is how much it means to us to go, re-connect live with old friends, make new friends, and in my case at least, droooooool at all the eye candy in Don and Eileen's yard.....chrome....painted tin...motors...exhaust.......and so on.

We'll keep you posted, keep everything you can crossed for us, and we'll see what happens. Send us some good vibes, maybe it'll work!

gunk