IGNORED

securing bike in the back of a u-haul

Capt-D

Hi folks, looking fo some ideas on how to secure my venture in the back of a big u-haul. I will not have time to ride it up to the northeast, but I am drivinga big u-haul up. There is no tie-downs on the floor to secure to, there is tie-downs on the sides but I don't trust em. Seen a few pictures of a ride-on platform that I could put in the back, but they are pretty expensive. any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hello: Using a Condor stand temporarily intalled in the front of trailer might be an option? Very secure and only requires two tie downs on the back of the bike. Keep the stand in your garage for working on and storing your bike in a verical position. I love my Condor stand!:)

If'n your U-Haul has wooden floor deck. Get ya some large Eye-screws and insert them down for your tie-down straps. Pre-drill a pilot hole first and use a large screw driver to twist them in and out. Take a large block of wood for a spacer for the front tire and lay in the front so front fender doesn't touch.

BEER30

When I hauled my Venture 1600 miles from CT to Loozeeanner I had the same problem with the enclosed U-Haul trailer I used.

I used cardboard boxes wrapped with furniture quilts and packed them in close on both sides of the scoot. Left the bike on the sidestand the whole way....front tire was snug against the front wall of the trailer.....chocked the rear wheel and secured the chock with side straps going to the d-rings of the trailer floor.

Boomer

The floor is wood. Use nails or screws to put in anchor points. Nail a couple of 2x4s next to the front wheel to keep it straight.

Orrrrr, hire one of us nutcases to ride it from wherever you are to wherever you are going.

RR

Drill holes in floor, eye-bolts through floor with washers top and bottom. A short 2x4 nailed on each side of both tires keeps it from shifting. Bungee hand break if you want & leave in gear.

When done with trailer, hammer some wood dowels into holes after removing eye-bolts. Rub dowel ends with grease and dirt to disguise your handiwork. I have done this several times and never a comment from the rental agent.

Screws or nails may hold, but, maybe not for anchor points.

Drill holes in floor, eye-bolts through floor with washers top and bottom. A short 2x4 nailed on each side of both tires keeps it from shifting. Bungee hand break if you want & leave in gear.

When done with trailer, hammer some wood dowels into holes after removing eye-bolts. Rub dowel ends with grease and dirt to disguise your handiwork. I have done this several times and never a comment from the rental agent.

Screws or nails may hold, but, maybe not for anchor points.

This!