IGNORED

Clutch upgade problems??

Just did the clutch skydoc clutch upgrade. eliminated the slippage but now is hard shifting. i know the single and double notches line up....not sure about if they are in reference to the basket. was unclear about that. any opinions??? also a couple of times it killed when put into gear from neutral. like when you put the kickstand down when its in gear with clutch in.

grrrrrr a little. i think where i went wrong was the single notches at 11 o clock and doubles at 5 o clock. they match up but in respect to the clutch basket....it seemed they only fit in one way. didnt notice any special markings on the clutch basket itself. must have missed something there. all the singles are in line and the doubles. what marking on the basket am i not seeing?? dont thing the gasket sealer has set yet. only been on 45 minutes. better take it apart and check it out.

after further and magnified study there are 2 bumps on clutch basket that the double notches must line up with. missed it......grrrrrrr oh well, chock it up to experience. still saved $250 in shop labor. they wanted minimum of $330 at local dealer. will report back.

I've seen this type of comment before on the clutch upgrades. His reference to the 11 o'clock and 5 o'clock positions were in reference to where the marks were in the picture. Your marks could be in any position depending on where the basket stopped moving at. Once you find the markings and place everthing back to line up that should help.

Also...did you soak the new friction disk in oil to allow it to absorb oil? A dry disk can grab a bit to.

I just did my upgrade too. I'm no stranger to ripping out the clutch either but I totally forgot to remove the flat washer that's on the inside. Got the one out but forgot the second one so, had to rip it apart again.... oh well, what's another 15 minutes anyhoo... LOL

• 3 years later...

i could use a little help here the barnett kit i got has the fibers and the steel the fiber disks have no notchs or marks there is an odd disk the id is larger than the rest like the stock one is in the back of the cage should the spacer go back in like the stock one and what about the wire also my old clutch the original the single notchs on the fiber disks were lined up with the double bumps on the basket i am the first owner

Edited by Rodburner