IGNORED

Just curious, How many Wing Riders do we have on the site?

Midrsv

just wondering since I do not have my Wing (Old Blue)anymore does my Valkyrie I/S count?

its a version of what a Gold Wing should look like anyway :stirthepot:

Sure do miss Old Blue...:( But blackie makes up for it on the open road......:happy34:

You betcha..Just like the RSTD is the brother of the RSV

Welcome to the club Rick. I've 16,000 miles on mine since March and I think I'm getting comfortable on it.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis! The first "mod" I will be doing is to get a back rest. I put one on my RSMV this past summer. Was the first time I'd ever had one and the difference in the comfort level was night and day ...

... and now the "modding" starts! LOL

Add me to this "club" ... guess I'm either #40 or #41

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63831

Congratulations:happy34: besides the Pearl Blue Wing that was the color I wanted when I was shopping but never found one

Your gonna love the handling and power this Wing puts out!!

if you do not have highway pegs best get some since the Wing does not have the Venture or Valkyrie leg room

one of the reason why I dint go back with the Wing the fairing put too much of a bind on my knee's when stretching out on long trips knee's would swell up pretty bad making the trip unhappy other than that I loved the Wing.....Pure power and excellent ride!!!!!

like stated once before the Valkyrie Interstate is the Corvette while the Gold Wing is the Cadillac

like stated once before the Valkyrie Interstate is the Corvette while the Gold Wing is the Cadillac

Well, I was about to buy a 2001 Valk Interstate. It was in Regina, SK (appx 2-3 day ride from here) but the guy had another interested party ahead of me who decided to buy it. I would have loved to have had that bike but I think I will really like the one I got.

Here's a pic of the Valk (only 61,000 Km's and origial owner)

Count us in.....traded off our 05 silver last fall (I'll admit it...gettin old, bad knees!!) LOVE the trike!! 08 Comfort/Nav:mustache: Miss the Chrome, but not the "topheaviness"

The GW Trikes are pretty AWESOME machines...Even being triked a friend of mine still tears up another brand VERY Bad ina roll on throttle race..I know they arent for racing but he is a little crazy.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I ride a 2000 Valkyrie Standard, that's slowly turning into a Tourer clone. I have owned 7 or 8 Goldwings over the years, mostly 1000's, but an 1100 and a couple 1200's. The Valkyrie is my "current" favorite, but as I have always owned cycles of some sort, that's always subject to change. I have a friend with a Royal Star, and I have to admit, I like it. Not enough to "jump ship", but who knows...

Roger

http://crbest.com/valkyrie/winter/done02.jpg

Ok guys time for a update. I have spent lots of time cleaning and replacing chrome. I still have to paint the tour pack it had some things painted on it that I did not like. I know I have to post pics but I want to get it all done before all of you see it. So far the wife loves it I spend lots of time in the garage and out of her hair.:rotf:

Bull 463

Ok guys time for a update. I have spent lots of time cleaning and replacing chrome. I still have to paint the tour pack it had some things painted on it that I did not like. I know I have to post pics but I want to get it all done before all of you see it. So far the wife loves it I spend lots of time in the garage and out of her hair.:rotf:

Bull 463

And we will be waiting for the end result............

• 2 months later...

Started out my riding days with a beautiful '86 Wing but as anyone who's ever had one knows, they're death on the stators so after replacing one and having that die in a year :depressed: I became a RSV rider. Venture is much more comfortable for the really long rides although you certainly feel the extra weight in the handling. Still have the Wing though, just ordered an alternator conversion kit so I'll have a backup for when the Venture needs work, or just a change of rides