IGNORED

Rode 165 miles on a tank today

rumboogy

I don't know how far most of you go before, but I usually start to look for gas at about 120-130 miles. The fartherest (before today) I ever rode on a tank a gas was about 152 miles...

I was in the middle of NOWHERE in Southeast Missouri today and no gas stations around. Even at 165 miles, I still didn't hit reserve...I mighta went a few more miles even.

How about some of you.

Wally

To and from work I have to switch to reserve almost always right at 160 miles.

If I am out cruising and there is negligible wind I'll get anywhere between 170-190 before I have to switch to reserve.

EDIT: My furthest was 215 and could have gone a little further (BUT I WAS Sweating!)

Edited by LilBeaver
re-read the initial post and realized I did not answer the question

If I am out cruising and there is negligible wind I'll get anywhere between 170-190 before I have to switch to reserve.

That about what I run. Approximately 40mph on every tank and I always seem to put just under 5 gal of fuel in at each stop. This is a mix of short highway and city driving.

about the same here, yesterday went on reserve at 171...I have gone 219 but like you said, thought I was about to be walking..

EDIT: My furthest was 215 and could have gone a little further (BUT I WAS Sweating!)

I just leave mine on reserve at all times and carry a spare 2 gallons in the trunk. Know the feeling of being where you can't find an open gas station, made it 2 up pulling a trailer about 135 miles before running out of gas. Trikes don't get as good mileage!

Before we triked I would get over 200 miles out of a tank, less at highway speeds...

about the same here, yesterday went on reserve at 171...I have gone 219 but like you said, thought I was about to be walking..

I average 42-44 mpg. Fuel light comes on and then shortly afterwards have to switch to reserve between 180 - 190. After switching over I'm comfortable doing another 20 miles or so before starting to sweat.

One time I went to 237 miles, according to the RSV unadjusted odometer. That was deep into reserve tank territory. I refueled in Douglas, Georgia after coming down 441 from Commerce, GA. Now Bess has a speed healer adjusted at 6.9 or 7.0% (I don't remember which), and she is also not as well in tune as she was then, Still, I went to 183 miles before the reserve light came on just a couple of days ago.

I usually ride until it goes to the F meter and the yellow light, then I look for gas.

I average about 185 miles between fill-ups. I also leave it on reserve all the time. Once the fuel light comes on, I know I can go about another 40. The furthest I ever went was 218. The most gas I ever put in was 5.976 gallons. Can you say, "Fumes"?

BTW, I, too, have the speedohealer corrected to -7.5%, so I'm actually going a little further than indicated. I'd rather have my speed accurate than my distance.

I don't know how far most of you go before, but I usually start to look for gas at about 120-130 miles. The fartherest (before today) I ever rode on a tank a gas was about 152 miles...

I was in the middle of NOWHERE in Southeast Missouri today and no gas stations around. Even at 165 miles, I still didn't hit reserve...I mighta went a few more miles even.

How about some of you.

Wally

Rode 165 miles on a tank today

Might I suggest you try sitting on the seat next time. Its a lot softer than the tank and you may go further before it hurts too much:puzzled::puzzled: Some times I wonder about you people:confused24: :crackup:

That about what I run. Approximately 40mph on every tank and I always seem to put just under 5 gal of fuel in at each stop. This is a mix of short highway and city driving.

Hey 67mini67, something's wrong with your bike. At 40mph you should get at least 80-100 mpg's. You left yourself wide open for one of those antique riders to have something smart to say like, "That's as fast as a 2Gen will run". But we know better, don't we!!!

• 3 months later...

For the first time since I bought this scoot I checked my fuel consumption (distance travelled). Riding 2 up, Vancouver to Whistler, varying speeds, lots of grades .... got 282 km (175 miles) before the fuel light came on. As it turned out, we were only 5km away from home.

From reading these posts, I guess I'm doing ok ... eh!

I was only getting around 38 mpg then took some advice from the forum to let-r-rev! Just returned from a 350 km trip to Qualicum beach yesterday, 1/2 way going 90k with a group , left it in 4th.... coming home solo, at 120k or more and total trip was 48 mpg{canadian gal}. I am a happy camper

For the first time since I bought this scoot I checked my fuel consumption (distance travelled). Riding 2 up, Vancouver to Whistler, varying speeds, lots of grades .... got 282 km (175 miles) before the fuel light came on. As it turned out, we were only 5km away from home.

From reading these posts, I guess I'm doing ok ... eh!

With the way YOU drive, yeah - I'd say so! :yikes: :bikersmilie:

After carbs were synchronized I'm averaging 40 mpg mostly solo. Bout 170 till fuel light comes on. At 180miles I'm putting in about 4.5 +4.6 gallons. Best I have gotten was 42mpg before carb synch. I could probably get 44 now if I rode easy.

Where did you go in Southeast Mo? I go that way at least a couple of times a year but fro the North instead of the south like you did. I always fill up in Steeleville or Salem because after that you can go a long ways without a station if you are hitting the backroads.

My daughter lives in Cape and you just have to know where the little mom and pop places are.