IGNORED

Baron Starbar Handlebar

I'm 61 yrs old; 5'7" tall and about 175 lbs. I recently had a situation on our 07 RSV; riding two-up with the wife. I was in stop and go traffic; road slanted a bit; moment of inattention (I suppose) and the bike started leaning severely to the right. I was able to keep it from falling, but at the price of an injured wrist--not yet sure of the extent of the injury--awaiting the MRI. At any rate, I am concerned about the stability of the bike and do not want to drop it.

I read of the Starbar Handlebar by Baron. Anyone have experience with this product? The ad reads like it may be the answer, but I follow the old adage, "If it sounds too good to be true, it is"

Would a riser for the stock handlebars do the same thing? Appreciate any help.

Jim T

I'd be very interested in the same thing since I'm also vertically challenged. Also, my upper back and elbows seem to bother me because my arms are always stretched out as far as they can go.

I'm wondering if risers wouldn't be the cure and where would you get them?

Eddie

Some have gone to risers...I am going to try them this summer coming. Many have put on the flanders bars...I believe you need to get the longer cables which hikes up the price somewhat.

Do search for the flanders here...there are many posts on them. Also check the tech section for 2nd gens....I think there is something there.

Here try this link.....http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7222

I have the Barron's risers. They helped me with the upper back discomfort. I am 6 feet even. Might not be enough for you. Also lowered the front end That was great, improved handling and gave me better grip when pushing backwards and easier up off the side stand.

I'm 61 yrs old; 5'7" tall and about 175 lbs. I recently had a situation on our 07 RSV; riding two-up with the wife. I was in stop and go traffic; road slanted a bit; moment of inattention (I suppose) and the bike started leaning severely to the right. I was able to keep it from falling, but at the price of an injured wrist--not yet sure of the extent of the injury--awaiting the MRI. At any rate, I am concerned about the stability of the bike and do not want to drop it.

I read of the Starbar Handlebar by Baron. Anyone have experience with this product? The ad reads like it may be the answer, but I follow the old adage, "If it sounds too good to be true, it is"

Would a riser for the stock handlebars do the same thing? Appreciate any help.

Jim T

Jim First Thing I'll do on new Venture to Incrise stability and low speed handling is to put new set of Avon Venom Tires. Stock BrickStones are horible tires for low speed. and anyway they last only 5 to 6K Miles. after changing tires Venture will feel like 300Lb lighter bike. Dont ask me how I know. :whistling: Raisers and new handlebar may be a little pricey, and may require changing Brake, Clutgh and trothle lines.

Good Luck

• 2 months later...
I have the Barron's risers. They helped me with the upper back discomfort. I am 6 feet even. Might not be enough for you. Also lowered the front end That was great, improved handling and gave me better grip when pushing backwards and easier up off the side stand.

I had the bars and risers put on along with the Avon Venom's and LEDs on the trunk. I haven't seen the bike yet, but will pick it up tomorrow. The dealer says the risers hit the plastic piece around the gas cap. Did you have this problem?