IGNORED

Shopping for a new trailer

Midrsv

I've started shopping for a new trailer to pull behind my new Goldwing. I want something that will look decent behind it that is color matched. I really like the Hannigan, Bushtec, and Sillouette trailers. The Hannigan would be my first choice but they had a fire recently and I can't get one until later in the summer. The Bushtec is kind of pricey and I haven't convinced myself they are worth $5000. The Sillouette looks good but they are crazy priced at $6000+. I also considered an Aluma MCT but my wife vetoed that based on looks.

Tonight I ran across the Blade trailer from Timeout Trailers in Elkhart. http://timeouttrailers.org/Blade.aspx

This is the first I've heard of them. From there website they seem to have a better value. Is anyone familiar with the trailer or company?

Thanks,

Dennis

So many types to choose from out there Dennis, but no matter what type trailer I pull, it must have a spare.....preferably sitting in a cubby hole inside the trailer where it stays clean and is easy to got to..

Have you seen these? Spare tire would be extra though...

(Road GT model or the Drifter model)

http://www.roaddogtrailers.com/trailers_Widetrack_deluxe.asp

So many types to choose from out there Dennis, but no matter what type trailer I pull, it must have a spare.....preferably sitting in a cubby hole inside the trailer where it stays clean and is easy to got to..

Have you seen these? Spare tire would be extra though...

(Road GT model or the Drifter model)

http://www.roaddogtrailers.com/trailers_Widetrack_deluxe.asp

Been looking for a trailer too, but just can't pull the string.

I saw the one above, just remind me too much of the Harbor Freight trailers.

Bobbie thought we were loosing parts going down the highway when we pulled the HF one.

If I had the money, Hannigan would be my choice, especially the LT version. :whistling:

I love my Bushtec. I like the styling but also a couple of other great features.

1. Fantastic suspension system. The trailers just don't bounce around even if they happen to be empty, this is due to the suspension that they use.

2. The tires. Not only do I think that the motorcycle type rims and tires look great behind a bike but Bushtec uses a very heavy duty tire with very thick sidewalls. Though some people still choose to carry a spare, you really don't have to. The sidewalls are so heavy that folks have pulled them many miles after a puncture to a place that they could get it repaired or replaced.

For $10 you have a chance to win an Aluma Trailer at the VR Int Rally in July. Don't like the styling?? Sell it and buy what you want. They will come in choice of colors. Who know's, maybe it'll grow on you. As far as new motorcycle trailer makers, they're all over the place and some make very nice trailer. I have a Motorvation. Never heard of it? Neither did I until I went and looked at it. Very nice quality unit. So there are a ton of obscure builders out there. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... :)

Man those Bushtec's are nice but I have a Dart, see my avatar, it pulls real nice, no bounce even when empty, no sway. I am painting it up to match the bike once it warms up and if J-Bird is going to be at Maintainance Day, I am going to have him stripe it to match what he did last year to the bike. Got mine used. The previous owner used it once. I paid $1400. Though some would never pay that much. The deals are out there if you look hard enough.

there is one called Mini trailer USA. many sizes to look at. I ordered the nomad 1450.00 shiped to my door. lookes like a aluma. Nice people to work with. :080402gudl_prv:

That looks like a good value. But since my wife already vetoed the Aluma MCT based on the look I'm sure she would say the same about the Mini.

I spoke with the Time Out Trailer folks today about the Blade trailer and with color matched paint and alloy wheels it will run about $3800. While I like the couple of photos I've seen of them I have a hard time buying something without first having looked at one. I've found a new Bushtec Quantum GL (GT) for $4900 that is about 2 hours from me. What to do?

Dennis

I will stick with my Aluma..no sway no bounce $1400 bucks if you shop around.all aluminum pullls like a dream. If you want the best try a TailWind but Im not rich.

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=6541&d=1280171416

Edited by Tom

Hey Dennis, I think the Time Out factory is pretty close to Leadwolf56 (Kevin). Maybe he could give you more info on them. I do know that they have been around for many years. I have seen several of their motorcycle camper trailers, and they are pretty nice.

Joe

Hey Dennis, I think the Time Out factory is pretty close to Leadwolf56 (Kevin). Maybe he could give you more info on them. I do know that they have been around for many years. I have seen several of their motorcycle camper trailers, and they are pretty nice.

Joe

Thanks Joe, I did contact Kevin and he told me they were good to deal with. I spoke with Time-out about the blade trailer but they couldn't come through with better photos and a price list. The person I talked to gave me a price of $3800 pluse shipping. I was just uncomfortable buying something that expensive without having seen one personally or at least some very detailed photos. So today I found a fully optioned Bushtec GL that I am going to buy for $3200. After going to pick it up and having it repainted I should have less than $4000 in it. It's got all of the options including the cooler package, cover, rear wing with running and brake lights, garmet bag, etc..

I'll post photos when I get it all tuned up.

Dennis

Guest tx2sturgis
So today I found a fully optioned Bushtec GL that I am going to buy for $3200. After going to pick it up and having it repainted I should have less than $4000 in it. It's got all of the options including the cooler package, cover, rear wing with running and brake lights, garmet bag, etc..

I'll post photos when I get it all tuned up.

Dennis

Thats a lot of money for something you will use 3 times a year.

To me its quite amusing that riders here will pay that much money for something they use occasionally, yet wont pay $1000-$1500 for a really GOOD computer that they use everyday....like an Apple. But whatever!

:think:

Hey BTW you really dont HAVE to carry a spare, but if the trailer has one, thats fine.

Edited by tx2sturgis

I've started shopping for a new trailer to pull behind my new Goldwing. I want something that will look decent behind it that is color matched. I really like the Hannigan, Bushtec, and Sillouette trailers. The Hannigan would be my first choice but they had a fire recently and I can't get one until later in the summer. The Bushtec is kind of pricey and I haven't convinced myself they are worth $5000. The Sillouette looks good but they are crazy priced at $6000+. I also considered an Aluma MCT but my wife vetoed that based on looks.

Tonight I ran across the Blade trailer from Timeout Trailers in Elkhart. http://timeouttrailers.org/Blade.aspx

This is the first I've heard of them. From there website they seem to have a better value. Is anyone familiar with the trailer or company?

Thanks,

Dennis

I'll bet if you check around you can find a used one and have it painted to match the bike. I've had 3 Bushtec, 1 escapade and a bunkhouse camper never had an issue with any of them.:twing:

Ooooops didn't read to end you already bought one good choice congrats

Ok, I just got home from a round trip to Alabama to pick up my trailer today. I found it to be in better condition than I could have hoped for. It came with a hitch, draw bar, cover, spoiler, cooler kit, air pump and front bra. I put it behind the bike and while it's not a color match it doesn't really clash too bad. I need to see it in better light but at this time I don't think I'm going to have it painted. I may add some color matched graphics to tie it together. I think I got a great deal. Here a few photos.

Dennis

Ok, I just got home from a round trip to Alabama to pick up my trailer today. I found it to be in better condition than I could have hoped for. It came with a hitch, draw bar, cover, spoiler, cooler kit, air pump and front bra. I put it behind the bike and while it's not a color match it doesn't really clash too bad. I need to see it in better light but at this time I don't think I'm going to have it painted. I may add some color matched graphics to tie it together. I think I got a great deal. Here a few photos.

Dennis

Very Nice!!! :thumbsup2: