IGNORED

wrap around backrest or arm rest

54chevybelair

i was planning on installing armrest for my wife on our 2004 rsv, but i have the oportunity to by a yamaha made wrap around back rest. it appears to replace the original backrest. what is your passengers opinions would they rather have the backrest or armrest. our last bike was a gl1500 with armrest and my wife enjoyed that. the wrap around backrest has been discontinued but some still have it in stock. what would my wife be most comfortable with. thanks for your opinion.

I believe you're referring to a Corbin seat. Corbin made many factory yamaha seats.

I don't believe the Corbin backrest will be the same as a true armrest setup.

Also, the armrest will swing out of the way while trying to mount or dismount the motorcycle.

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/262408724/motorcycle_Seat_Dual_Touring_saddle_for_Royal_Star_Venture.jpg

I do not think those will be comfortable compared to armrest I would see if someone close to you had one of these and see how the wife likes it, if the dealer has it they may be willing to let you put it on and see if the wife likes it before you actually buy it.

• 2 years later...
i was planning on installing armrest for my wife on our 2004 rsv, but i have the oportunity to by a yamaha made wrap around back rest. it appears to replace the original backrest. what is your passengers opinions would they rather have the backrest or armrest. our last bike was a gl1500 with armrest and my wife enjoyed that. the wrap around backrest has been discontinued but some still have it in stock. what would my wife be most comfortable with. thanks for your opinion.

Get in touch with Larry carbon one on the site he will set you up and you will be pleased.

Joe

this is what i found.

The back rest came in a set with the seat, and was made by Corbin and marketed thru VentureLine. Ergo the Star Logos. I just picked up a set out here in Ca. Mounted the seat but kept the OEM pillow top on for now... I suspect that this was quite common and the reason the back rests can be found solo. And Corbin no longer offers the back rest...

Man this is an old post.... Make note.... Pay more attention to the dates....