IGNORED

Repairs made, running better.

I got the collector off, cut it open and removed a bunch of loose baffling, also noticed that the left side exit pipe had a crack where it is welded to the collector body, the crack was about 3/4 of the way around. :shock3: I took it to a local welder, he fixed the crack and welded a new stainless steel plate over the opening, and also rewelded all of the tacks that hold on the chrome covers. $30, not too bad! :cool10:

Also decided to remove the airbox, clean the oil out of it, and remove the breather tubes. I used a rubber tube with a 90 degree bend off of the "twinkie" so the hose exits to the side with a filter on it. I also drained the oil down to half way in the sightglass, :whistling: that should help. :)

I just got it back together, and it runs smoother than before, and sounds great, a deeper sound, and no rattling or leaking sounds. I'm really surprised that these changes would make such a difference to the way the bike runs, it's a lot smoother. Is it possible that removing the breather tubes and fixing the exhaust leaks could make it run better?

Removing the collector was not a hard job, I only broke 1 clamp bolt, the rest were ok. If your thinking about tackling this job, get to it. :080402gudl_prv:

Next project, installing the Road King pipes! :cool10: I can't wait to see what they look and sound like.

Briley.

:worthless:

PLEASE tell us you took pics.......

Ummmm....wellll....:whistling:

I didn't get any of the collector, but it looked like the one in the Tech section. I'll get some of the new breather tube and filter.

Sorry, I was too excited to get her back together and running.

Briley.