IGNORED

Up in Smoke!!

seabeetom

• 4 weeks later...

The 08 RSV is gathering dust at the shop again!!!

Took it in to Hual's Bikes to Trikes in Cantonment,Fl. on 3/3/11 for the Hannigan conversion that was supposedto be completed by Mid March. Due to ineptitude of the installer and a fire at the Hannigan facility, It was not completed (?) until 5/16/11 (10 weeks).

A list of discrepancies was given to Hual's the following week (paint scratches, leaking rearend, misaligned floorboards and several other items). Hual's said they would get back to me after checking with Hannigan.

After 7 weeks of no reponse I called Hual's who acted as if this was all news to them and obviously had not contacted Hannigan.

On 8/5/11 I was able to take it back to Hual's for fixing.

On 8/8 Hual's called and said the rearend needed replaced and that it would ship from Hannigan and I should be able to pick up by 8/13.

Hual's called on 8/12 and said parts did not arrive, maybe next week.

I called Hual's 8/22/ and was told the parts had just arrived but that they had "Other Committments" and wouldn't get to it for another week or so.

So, They have had my money since 29 January. My bike 3/3 - 5/16 and now since 8/5 till ???. This makes 13 weeks that I have been without my bike, and 25 weeks that they have had my money.

Somehow I think I have a right to be #)@@*! off.

I wonder if Lemon Laws apply? lol

Since you ended your post with a "lol", I think you'll be able to avoid professional therapy, but I can only imagine the frustration.

My favorite granddad, long ago passed, used the phrase that I try to adopt through these things............"and this too, shall pass", lol

Hope it gets resolved sooner than later.

A few weeks ago I was on reserve when I pulled into a gas station. I filled up the aux tank first (inch or so below filler neck) and then filled up main tank. When I went back to put cap on aux tank it was overflowing gasoline. Is this a common occurence? The main tank is higher than the aux tank, backflow? If so, shouldn't there be a check valve or something in the fuel line from the aux tank? Just wondering...

Seems to me that Bikes to Trikes should be removed from Hannigans Installer list.

Makes them look bad. This should not have happend to you , sorry you had to go thru all this mess.:( even sounds like they can't even put it together right.

I think you would have been much better off if you had just brought it up here, and let Hannigan's install their own kit. It wouldn't have left their shop until it was right. There are many happy Hannigan customers around, and I think your installer needs to find another line of business to be in.

Just my 2 cents.

I think you would have been much better off if you had just brought it up here, and let Hannigan's install their own kit. It wouldn't have left their shop until it was right. There are many happy Hannigan customers around, and I think your installer needs to find another line of business to be in.

Just my 2 cents.

Gotta agree here with Monty. No excuse for such shody work. I'd certainly be letting Hannigan headquarters know what's been going on with Bikes to Trikes. Let hannigan sort out the issuses & get em resolved for you.

Larry

WOW Tom what a mess!!!!!

As to the gas line there is supposed to be a check valve in-line just at the base of the seat and assessable if need be. As there is no instructions on where to put it or the line I would bet that it is on the left side and goes through the hole in the splash guard for the battery ( there is already a hole there ) I didn't like the idea of a big block of brass that close to the positive post of the battery, so I moved it to the other side, and ran it to the tie in hose. That required buying more hose also. I did notify Jim at Hannigan on the routing, and sent photos on how I did the routing. Attached is where it most likely is routed, and how I thought it should be,,,:confused24: If the photos don't show in order the two shots of the check valve behind the frame is how it most likely is installed. If that is the case it is near impossible to even check to see if the check valve is installed right ( there is an arrow on it to indicate gas flow direction ) the photos with the hose routed to the left side, and with the valve visible and assessable in front of the right side frame is how I thought it should be, and the valve is readily assessable.

Now: Where is the rear end leaking ( if you know ) The first thing that people do that aren't familiar with the orientation of this rear end is to over fill it, and then it blows lube oil over every where,,,, This rear end is a Ford Thunderbird 7.5 rear chunk, and is MOUNTED UPSIDE DOWN!!!! there is where people get in trouble with the lube level. It has to be checked with a wire, tie-wrap, stick, something put in the hole and down. The lube level should be about an inch & quarter to half below the hole rim. I forgot this once, and on the test ride I got covered, I am assuming that they test rode it first with out the body to catch things like that, and speed-o adjustments etc:,,, Also check to see if the overflow tube is tied up with a good loop, and not just dangling or over the rear end.

If you can get it to Randy at Adventure Trikes in Alabama, he can do it right. He will call for the proper way to set it up. I would also be curious how the rear to front alignment is. Very critical to tire wear, and tracking!!

Just my 2 cents.

I had thought of that, but when I talked to John @ Hannigan, he said to take it to Hual's and that they did Great work. GWMyA@@

WOW Tom what a mess!!!!!

As to the gas line there is supposed to be a check valve in-line just at the base of the seat and assessable if need be. As there is no instructions on where to put it or the line I would bet that it is on the left side and goes through the hole in the splash guard for the battery ( there is already a hole there ) I didn't like the idea of a big block of brass that close to the positive post of the battery, so I moved it to the other side, and ran it to the tie in hose. That required buying more hose also. I did notify Jim at Hannigan on the routing, and sent photos on how I did the routing. Attached is where it most likely is routed, and how I thought it should be,,,:confused24: If the photos don't show in order the two shots of the check valve behind the frame is how it most likely is installed. If that is the case it is near impossible to even check to see if the check valve is installed right ( there is an arrow on it to indicate gas flow direction ) the photos with the hose routed to the left side, and with the valve visible and assessable in front of the right side frame is how I thought it should be, and the valve is readily assessable.

Now: Where is the rear end leaking ( if you know ) The first thing that people do that aren't familiar with the orientation of this rear end is to over fill it, and then it blows lube oil over every where,,,, This rear end is a Ford Thunderbird 7.5 rear chunk, and is MOUNTED UPSIDE DOWN!!!! there is where people get in trouble with the lube level. It has to be checked with a wire, tie-wrap, stick, something put in the hole and down. The lube level should be about an inch & quarter to half below the hole rim. I forgot this once, and on the test ride I got covered, I am assuming that they test rode it first with out the body to catch things like that, and speed-o adjustments etc:,,, Also check to see if the overflow tube is tied up with a good loop, and not just dangling or over the rear end.

If you can get it to Randy at Adventure Trikes in Alabama, he can do it right. He will call for the proper way to set it up. I would also be curious how the rear to front alignment is. Very critical to tire wear, and tracking!!

If I remember correctly George, it seems he said the leak was around the Pinion and it was crushed requiring a replacement (rebuilt) rearend from Hannigan.

Seems to me that Bikes to Trikes should be removed from Hannigans Installer list.

Makes them look bad. This should not have happend to you , sorry you had to go thru all this mess.:( even sounds like they can't even put it together right.

Amen to that!! When I first picked it up there were bolts not fully threaded into their nut's, wrong sized washers, paint scratches, floorboard installed about over an inch off, trailer hitch not centered, headlight bezel buttonbolt missing, exhaust tips not equally extended(nitpicking), one trunk hinge slightly off(nitpicking again). I had asked for ISO hand grips thinking that the cruisecontrol/weights would still be used, I was wrong, ISO grips were put on but no weights and no right hand rest as RSV uses. But, per them, that was the grips called for in the catalog. And I won't go into the fiasco concerning the replacement of the side bag that got burnt in the fire at Hannigan..

Other than that Life is Just Peachy.

If I remember correctly George, it seems he said the leak was around the Pinion and it was crushed requiring a replacement (rebuilt) rearend from Hannigan.

Pinion seal is of course replaceable, but a little tricky to get the crush collar seated with proper drag. I have one coming up soon to do on another style kit. Replacing the rear end is one way to do it,,, :confused24:

This has sure turned into a fiasco!!! I hope that it all gets straightened out and that you get a million miles out of it when done.....

When I talked to Tim @ Hual's on 8/22 he said he would give me an update on 8/25.

Nothing heard from Huals by 8/26, so called Rick. He said they had committments/priorities on other bikes and the lift wouldn't be available for my bike till 8/29. Reminded him that my bike had been in his shop going on 14 weeks (10 previous, going on 4 now) and maybe I was a priority?? Said my bike had not been in his shop for that long and when I started giving dates he implied it was not his fault, this was "warranty work" (not related to the initial 10weeks??) and that all the delays had been due to waiting parts from Hannigan.

Asked him to contact me on 8/29 with update...

Nothing heard till 8/30 when I got an email from Tim stating the bike was on the lift and would hopefully be finished by COB 8/31.

Sooooo, today is 8/31..... Will it be finished??? Will the installation defects be corrected???

Wellll, today is 9/1. Got an email from Tim @ Huals B2T this morning saying the rearend and floorboard were finished, just awaiting test ride by Rick. Maybe it will be ready for pickup. The earliest I can arrange transport is Saturday, so maybe by Saturday PM it will be back here in the stable. No idea if the other items on the punch list were resolved.

Edited by seabeetom

Remember that Saturday is in the middle of a holiday week end don't be surprised to find they are closed till Tueaday......:yikes:

Got an email from Tim afternoon of 9/1 said the trike was ready. Called him this A.M. 9/2 to make sure they're open Saturday 9/3. They will be open till 2PM, so borrowed a trailer and will make the journey to bring her home.

Would ride it home xcept we're under state of emergency for the next several days due to a 'Tropical Storm' coming this way with 15-20 inches of rain xpected.

Sounds like just another 'WestPac' monsoon to me....

MY GAWD :cool:

Next time I talk to John I am even going

to ask him to remove Hual's as a Vendor

what a disgrace to Hannigans !!:(

That also has crossed my mind several times over the last few months. Picked up the trike from Huals yesterday and trailered it home. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet due to the bad weather. They replaced the rearend and adjusted the floorboard so it's a closer fit to the lower fairing. Just have to wait till I get it back on the road and see what happens. Rick is a very nice and personable guy, don't understand why all the delays with mine.. He does trike conversions for all the different companies, he probably had 15 trike mods in progress when I was there.. Motor trikes, California side cars, Lehmans, Roadsmiths and of course Hannigans. I'm thinking an RSV-Hannigan was unfamiliar to him. That and the workload for the other bikes could be why mine was put on the back burner for so long. After all,,, mine was already paid in full.. Not the way I ever ran a business..

Since you ended your post with a "lol", I think you'll be able to avoid professional therapy, but I can only imagine the frustration.

My favorite granddad, long ago passed, used the phrase that I try to adopt through these things............"and this too, shall pass", lol

Hope it gets resolved sooner than later.

And he was quite right, pass it shall.

My Grandad was a little more intolerant, He would always tell me 'You deserve what you tolerate'. Guess that's why I have high blood pressure and tend to vent so much.

Ummmm:whistling: PICTURES PLEASE !!! We ALL have been WAITING A LONG TIME!!:whistling:

When this monsoon clears out and we get some sun, I'll try to figure out how to post some pictures. Actually, it looks exactly like B2Dad's trike, same year, color, conversion. I think my screensaver is of his trike.