IGNORED

For those who have resealed your front forks.

I don't know the specs on the 2nd gen forks but this is what I use for a seal tool on forks.

The PVC is 1 1/2 ID with a coupler and a reducer. I have couple of reducers for different tube sizes, each shaped by grinder to fit as needed.

The reducers have an octogon end (that I grind down to fit the outter tube) so it is thicker than the PVC pipe itself and fits the seal body well. The upper wiper lip fits nicely inside the ID of the reducer to protect it while being pressed into place.

Hey, it's cheap, about $7.00 for everything, reusable and works on several sizes.

As far as bushings on yours.....I have no idea. 1st gens just snap into a recess.

Mike

I don't know the specs on the 2nd gen forks but this is what I use for a seal tool on forks.

The PVC is 1 1/2 ID with a coupler and a reducer. I have couple of reducers for different tube sizes, each shaped by grinder to fit as needed.

The reducers have an octogon end (that I grind down to fit the outter tube) so it is thicker than the PVC pipe itself and fits the seal body well. The upper wiper lip fits nicely inside the ID of the reducer to protect it while being pressed into place.

Hey, it's cheap, about $7.00 for everything, reusable and works on several sizes.

As far as bushings on yours.....I have no idea. 1st gens just snap into a recess.

Mike

Yup, Yup. That's the inexpensive ticket.:)

What did you use to drive in the bushing and seal? I can't find a PVC pipe the proper size and I'd hate to sink $40+ into a tool that I'm only going to use once.

I may have the right size driver, I'll measure the driver I have and the upper on my VR, I presume the RSTD is same size upper legs?

My tool appears to be in my truck, it's not here at home. If it won't work I'll whip one out for you tomorrow. 2 chunks of aluminum , 25 minutes on the lathe and it'll be almost too shiney to use.

When will you be in Lex to pick it up?

So to work, it needs to be 43.5 x 53.5, and about 250 long