IGNORED

Possible 650 V-Star purchase

bendtdj

Looks like we worked out a deal for Dan, (my 16 yoa son) buying a 2001 V-Star 650 Custom with just 5275 miles on it. The testing deal is for $2000.00 We will be going to Walnut Grove, MN on Saturday to check it out. If it runs ok and he fits on it, it will be trailered home. (high only 27 degrees forcast) The only problem I can see from the Craig's list pics is that it was laid down once and has a dent the fuel tank. I think, hope, that could be fixed easily. If not, I think we could locate a replacement. Pinwall more than likely.

Wish us luck

Dave

bendtdj,

I've got a 2005 650 Vstar Midnight Custom 24,000 mi, one owner, Mustang seat with backrest and pillion, small windshield, speakers, brakeaway cruise control, sissy bar with luggage rack ,...to many add ons to list, mature owner, oil changed every 3000 miles excellent condition $3200

I need to repace headlight housing due to a kamikaze Deer last year and put an new clutch in.

If... a person changes the oil and filter every 3000 miles you will get over 100,000 mi. on a air cooled bike. Unless of course your running the urine out of it!

Wife says I have to many toys... LOL

Guess my point is you could probably get a better deal, if you shopped around. That tank alone is probably +$600!

Edited by CaptainJoe

Well, we hit a snag on the V-star purchase. The guy over in Minnesota can not find the title. Without that, I pulled the plug on the deal. We are going to Sioux Falls Saturday and look at three that are for sale there. I Think we can do a better deal on one of these.

Thanks for the replies. captainjoe's offer sounds good, just too far to retrieve it.

Dave

My lady, Dianne, has a 650 V-Star, and loves it...

BUT... loaded on hills, she lacks power. The 1100 has power that you do not HAVE to use, but it is there when you are ready for it. The problem is, that a lot of people have found this, which is why there are plenty of 650's available on the market, and not so many 1100's. The bikes feel exactly the same!