IGNORED

Passanger push to talk button

TopV

Guest divey
Looking for a fix for the passanger push to talk button on an 07. Any ever lose one?

I lost mine shortly after I bought my new 07. Dealer replaced it on warranty. It's a pricey item though ($670.00) but they did replace the whole unit, not just the push button. Others here will probably chirp in to recommend a cheaper fix if you can't get it replaced on warranty.

I lost mine shortly after I bought my new 07. Dealer replaced it on warranty. It's a pricey item though ($670.00) but they did replace the whole unit, not just the push button. Others here will probably chirp in to recommend a cheaper fix if you can't get it replaced on warranty.

Wow for that kind of money I am afraid my wife will just have to hush:fingers-crossed-emo

Looking for a fix for the passanger push to talk button on an 07. Any ever lose one?

Do you mean just the little screw in button or the whole switch? If the whole switch is gone, I bet it is still in the little wrap around part of the trunk, hanging on by the wires.

When I bought my '99 all I could see there was a small threaded brass (looking) hole. Went to the Stealership and purchased the little button(if I remember it was less than $20.00US) and screwed it in. Problem solved.

BTW if you push on the little bare brass piece you can still activate the PTT switch.

I had the wiring harness replaced after I lost my PTT to talk button on the rear. They told me at that time that Yamaha would no longer replace the whole harness ? I snagged these nbrs somewhere ?

4xy-88157-00 for the passenger cb push to talk button

4xy-88137-00 for the passenger volume control knob

Keith

That appears to be a good number. Here is one link for it.

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/Y-4XY-88157-00-00.html

By the way, this thread reminded me that I needed to order one. Mine has been missing for at least a couple of years. My wife doesn't often use it but she has never even mentioned that it was gone. Apparently she just pushes on the threaded rod and thinks nothing of it. I just ordered one though.

Edited by Freebird

I had the wiring harness replaced after I lost my PTT to talk button on the rear. They told me at that time that Yamaha would no longer replace the whole harness ? I snagged these nbrs somewhere ?

4xy-88157-00 for the passenger cb push to talk button

4xy-88137-00 for the passenger volume control knob

Keith

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/parts/home.aspx

If you go to starmotorcycles.com and then go to my star you may have to set up an account but its free. Then you can look at a parts catalog for venture or any other star motorcycle and get order #. Like the ones above and those # are correct for both parts. I replaced the button and it only cost I think about 3.50 i know it was less than five bucks. Your dealer should order it for you Bob