IGNORED

HID Headlight...now what do do with passing lamps

TheKid

While down at the International Motorcycle Show with y'all .... DaMoose (Joe) bought an HID kit for his headlight. We went back to his place only a few min away from the center and I installed it WOW BRIGHT. He really liked it and I did also. The only thing is now the passing lights look YELLOW/AMBER. I like the contrast but they totally do not add anything to the lighting now. We went back to the show and I also bought an HID kit but I got the Bi-HID which has both hi-low HID, his only had low HID regular HIGH. There is much more wiring involved with the Bi kit I will say though. I really like the extra bright white light.

Now the question..is there a sealed beam lamp that can replace the OEM to make them look WHITE. Either change them to HID or LED or even maybe change the housing so that it is a BULB type so I can put super white bulbs in them.

Thanks for the helps y'all. Oh n I HIGHLY recommend the HID for visibility at night and day.

I have Gunboats 2 wheel '99 and he has an HID headlight and the LED passing bulbs on this one. I can tell you that for oncoming traffic they definitely can be seen. The issue I have with the passing lights is they are more of a flood and dont kick out a lot of light ahead of the bike. You might want to check into some PIAA's as they are super bright and might blend well with the HID....

:2cents:

I talked to the ppl i got the HID from and they said they could get sealed beam HID for the passing lights but they were going to crazy high price. I looked at and read about the LED but so far not anything real good out there and the ones that I would feel comfortable with are super pricey.

I thought about getting some used harley buckets the ones that use the bulbs and switch to them and try to find a WHITE bulb.

Oh well I will sit back and wait the HID is PLENTY of like i think for now.

If your passing lamps use an h3 bulb, you can get the same 35W HID in a H3 bulb. That will give you a perfect color match and have 3 HIDs looking down the road.

If someone does not see that, they were blind in one eye and could not see out of the other one.

If your passing lamps use an h3 bulb, you can get the same 35W HID in a H3 bulb. That will give you a perfect color match and have 3 HIDs looking down the road.

If someone does not see that, they were blind in one eye and could not see out of the other one.

IF ONLY .... Of course I have the Yama buckets that have a sealed beam lamp no bulb, boo. That is why I was thinking of replacing them with harley buckets bc I think they use the bulb style either h3 or h7. But still I am looking at price as well. the headlight was not cheap by no means.

IF ONLY .... Of course I have the Yama buckets that have a sealed beam lamp no bulb, boo. That is why I was thinking of replacing them with harley buckets bc I think they use the bulb style either h3 or h7. But still I am looking at price as well. the headlight was not cheap by no means.

Get the Venture light bar & the V Star passing lamps with H3 bulbs. That's what I did & put in the PIAA extreme white (4150K color temp). They match my PIAA extreme white plus (4000K color temp) headlight. Much whiter than stock, but, certainly not like the HID.

Edited by awsmsrv

OK my question is gonna be, is there any electrical interferience in the intercom, radio, CB noticed?????

I did not notice and I grounded it out on the back of main power unit. Thought I might had to move it but worked ok so I never changed it.

Brad