IGNORED

Letting go of one of our own

royalstar09

It is not the easiest thing I have ever done. Hopefully will be the first and last time. On Monday evening I responded to a very well known address, CPR in progress, possibly heart attack. With all the effort, all the meds, all we had in us we poured into this code patient. Now with a deeply hurting heart tomorrow I say goodbye for the last time to one of our own. Our emergency services director who has built our E911 system to what it is, helped neighboring communities do the same, and she lived for nothing more then to serve the community through our emergency communication facility.

I was assigned to assembling the line up of emergency apparatus for the funeral procession. I have detailed our units until I cannot clean no more, have units coming from 6 neighboring communities consisting of fire, police, and ambluance, as well as NE Missouri emergency managment and Air Evac lifeflight lifeteam.

No matter if its fire, police, emt, dispatcher, or director, to me we are one of the same. I think I did all I could to make this as fitting as possible to honor her career. I hope it all works out good. Their will be 2 TV stations there as well so I will post some footage of the procession when available.

This is a tough assignment and I just hope I completed it to the families satisfaction.

From all of us and our families that have been the beneficiaries of the selfless dedication of the emergency personnel in our cities, thank you to you and especially for your friend and coworker.

I'm sitting at my daughters house typing this as she is getting the medical attention she needs at the hospital dealing with pre-mature labor.

You guys are awesome!!

Dave

(quote):

I just hope I completed it to the families satisfaction

Well, you touched our hearts already..Well done sir..

Her and her family, and friends are in our thoughts this morning.

Nobody appreciates EMT's more thn I do without their quick action I would not be alive today, even though I was technically dead they did all the right things allowing ER to do their job. Being married to an RN I appreciate all their services. Sorry for the loss of your friend

The second hardest thing we as emergency responders have to do is run on a friend. Take care of the rest of the people you are responsible for now and keep her in your heart.

Now on with the official business. You know, as a firefighter, that if you are in the paper or on TV that you owe all of us, who see you, ice cream. Sorry man it's a rule.