IGNORED

Confusing Electrical Problem

I've got one for you electrically inclined. My cousin's 07 RSV ( with 7000 miles on it) would not start. Let me give you the symptoms. When he turned the key on, the lights came on, the speedometer, gas gauge, everything came up and was doing its thing like its supposed to. When he hit the start button, everything goes dead. Well, he thought it was the 30 amp main fuse cause everything went dead. He pulled the fuse, installed another one and it cranked right up. Okay, this happened a couple of more times, so he ohmed the fuse and it was okay. So, it hadn't been blowing the fuse, the fuse is good, but the only way he can get it to start is pull the main fuse, like its resetting something, put the fuse back in, and then it will start. Its still under warranty and he's going to try to get it into the dealer next week, but I thought I'd run it by you all and see what ya thought. When he takes it to the dealer, I'll let everyone know what they find out.

Thanks,

Glenn

I had that similar problem after the bike sat outdoors away from home in a hurricane.. something got horribly wet and though the bike started and got me to the gas station to fuel up, it wouldn't start no matter what I tried.. however, a local bike tech told me to pull off my cables and put them back on 'tight' and hopefully that would be the fix..

and it was. Phew!

Whether the rains had anything to do with but one of the cables on the battery loosened enough to cause the problem..

Hopefully the same will be your case.

Cheers!

Suspect loose or corroded connection, motion of 'changing fuse' jiggles wires enough to make the connection. Disconnect wires at battery, sand lugs and posts, and reassemble tightly.

:goodpost::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

Hey everyone. Ya were spot on correct. He cleaned the cables and wire brushed the battery post and now it starts every time. Thanks for the help. It is much appreciated. I'm trying to get my cousin to join up but he's not computer savvy, nor does he own a computer. He'll be getting a computer pretty soon, so I'll get him going. Once again, Thanks tremendously. Now my cousin can reduce his blood pressure medicine a bit.

Glenn