IGNORED

fork oil capacity question

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/pdfs/forkSprings/3055.pdf

This should help you out some.

The manual calls for 13.5 oz, but that will be too much.

Thanks.

That's good info.

So 5.5" down from the top of the fork tube with Progressives?

That looks like a general Progressive spring recommendation for any bike.

How about with our CLASS suspension, is that the same measurement that most of us use?

I wanna end this fork "bottoming out thing" forever.

P.S. I weigh 220 lbs.

Thanks again.

Rusty

The amount of fork oil has little to do with either CLASS or weight,,, unless you don't put enough in and then you'll find that things don't work as they should,,, or too much and then you'll start blowing things. The oil has to do with dampened travel of the fork. So put in the correct amount,,,, make sure you measure correctly with the fork COMPLETELY compressed. Measure a couple of times and make sure you pump the forks well before you do.

The amount of fork oil has little to do with either CLASS or weight,,, unless you don't put enough in and then you'll find that things don't work as they should,,, or too much and then you'll start blowing things. The oil has to do with dampened travel of the fork. So put in the correct amount,,,, make sure you measure correctly with the fork COMPLETELY compressed. Measure a couple of times and make sure you pump the forks well before you do.

What he said . . .

I put in Progressives and filled to 5.75 inches. I figured two things;

1) I can always add a little more

2) my air forks can take up a little slack.

I weight 250lbs and did add about 6psi to the forks on a trip riding double (little lady) and loaded bags. Otherwise the forks work great.