IGNORED

Windshield Tint

rumboogy

I recently purchased an F4 Customs windshield...and am EXTREMELY happy with it, except for one little (very minor) thing.

I have searched the internet till I am tired...and I KNOW how to search...but still can't find the info I am looking for.

OK...so here's the info I am needing.

I looked at my STOCK WINDSHIELD to see how the tint strip was laid down and this is what I found out...

The first layer is a FLAT BLACK layer of TAPE that is 1.25 inches wide. And on top of that and overlapping the black is another 1.25 inch of clear tape with black dots of graduated sizes (which screens the light)...just like you see on cars.

I have tried to find this "tape" or "tapes" on the net and can't find it anywhere, in fact, I don't even know the terminology to use...so if you look at your stock shield, you'll see what I am talking about.

Can anyone provide any info?

Thanks.

Wally

So we ain't got no automotive glass guys on here....:rotf:

The "black dots" are part of the plastic laminated in the middle of the windshield, and are there to reduce optical reflection/glare along the edges and around the rear-view mirror. I do not know of anywhere these "dots" can be purchased. But for the record at least on a vehicle it is a third visor frit.

Edited by royalstar09

Correct. But on the stock Royal Star Windshield...it is two layers of tape.

The first is a flat black "rubbery" type of tape and the offset and overlaying the black tape is another strip of the clear BUT DOTTED tape.

I'm just trying to find out where I can buy this tape.

Correct. But on the stock Royal Star Windshield...it is two layers of tape.

The first is a flat black "rubbery" type of tape and the offset and overlaying the black tape is another strip of the clear BUT DOTTED tape.

I'm just trying to find out where I can buy this tape.

I know exactly what you want. I have a replacement windshiled laying wrapped up in my garage for my RSV but untill my graphics guy gets mine cut Im not putting it on. I am having him cut the design in a section of window screen I bought at oreillys. Just bought a plain black window screen and he is cutting the pattern into it. It wont be exact but unless I point it out I doubt regular guys would ever notice.