IGNORED

Vmax / Venture Header Diameter

I increased performance on my ZX11D7 Ninja by adding a Muzzy header (4 into 1) and having a custom 1 into 2 exhaust built by a local guy.

I found a Vmax 4 into 2 design that looks promising as a replacement for the Venture collector. I am wondering if Vmax exhaust pipes are bigger . . .

Can one of you Vmax guys tell me the header diameter on the Vmax versus the Venture?

I increased performance on my ZX11D7 Ninja by adding a Muzzy header (4 into 1) and having a custom 1 into 2 exhaust built by a local guy.

I found a Vmax 4 into 2 design that looks promising as a replacement for the Venture collector. I am wondering if Vmax exhaust pipes are bigger . . .

Can one of you Vmax guys tell me the header diameter on the Vmax versus the Venture?

I have been having an ongoing discussion on the VMax site about this.

Three problems have come up.

1) The VMaxs do not have a mono shock. So the area behind the rear header tubes is much more open on the VMax's than on the Ventures. The rear header pipes on a VMax cross over each other. There is not room to do this on a Venture.

2) More than likely, the center stand would interfer on a Venture with the VMax pipes. Center stand could be eliminated.

3) The upward angle of the mufflers may interfer with the saddle bags on the Ventures. This might be overcome by cutting pipes, reconfiguring angle & rewelding.

Item #1 might be overcome by the use of a Kerker header, one of the guys is going to check on this at some point.

The collector is completly different on a Vmax than a Venture, it is an all or nothing change.

The Vmax's still have the double walled front headers, so there may not be much difference there. I have not yet got an ID of the front header pipes.

In my opinion the main restriction on the Venture is the mufflers. The collector is not nearly as restrictive as the mufflers. I have removed all but the very foward baffle in mine. It is louder, but not near what I would refer to as Harley loud.

Gary

Hello

If you want to increase your power you could do what I did by adding a new collector from MARK'S EXHAUST NUMBER 1-760-948-1346

Very nice guy to deal with when I got mine from him.

I have it on my 1986 Venture Trike and it helped a lot.

Not cheap but he will make it the way you want it. SST or ceramic coated.

MAy have to rejet like I did but it works great now

This is an after-market collector for the 2010 Vmax. Notice how the rear pipes are "y"d into the front pipes. Now visualize the VR collector and substitute this Vmax concept. I think it is very possible. I do think the balance tubes are needed (seen on the rear pipes here and on the Vmax front pipes.

My remaining question has to do with header diameter . . . Are the Vmax pipes the same diameter as the VR? I want larger headers.

Here is the question and reply I got from a guy on the VMax site.

Gary

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Does anyone have a front header pipe off the bike and a set of calipers that would get a measurement for me.

I am looking for the I.D. at the head end of a front pipe.

Thanks,

Gary

http://www.vmaxforum.net/disturbed/images/icons/icon1.gif Re: Need a measurement from a front header pipe

The stocker's are stepped.

I got 1.47 on the flange and 1.36 on the pipe.

I just measured front pipe from my 83 set and they are almost identical to what was given for the VMax set.

Gary

Wow. I'm a little surprised. Since V-boost increases intake volume, I assumed the exhaust system would flow more volume.

Thanks Gary! I knew someone here could find this info :)