It is impossible to check the oil level on a 2nd Gen while sitting on the sidestand unless you have placed that sidestand on something to mike the bike sit completely upright.

Goose

Unless I'm mistaken, this applies to pretty much every scoot. Even a 1st gen :p

I merely put my bike up on the CENTER STAND and check the oil level! Oh yea, I listen to my Cassette Deck while I am doing it, JUST LIKE YOU DO! I can see why you Second Gen. owners Chose the ultra-modern Cassette Deck Option over the boring, utilitarian CENTER STAND OPTION, I'm sure it makes perfect sense to a Second Gen. Owner?!?!:doh::Laugh:

Earl

I merely put my bike up on the CENTER STAND and check the oil level! Oh yea, I listen to my Cassette Deck while I am doing it, JUST LIKE YOU DO! I can see why you Second Gen. owners Chose the ultra-modern Cassette Deck Option over the boring, utilitarian CENTER STAND OPTION, I'm sure it makes perfect sense to a Second Gen. Owner?!?!:doh::Laugh:

Earl

My 84, 87, 90, 91,and 93 have center stands just like my 99.... :whistling:

Hey Jack,

Tell the truth, you scabbed that center stand off of one of those old, leaky creaky, First Gens, didn't you! Who would have ever thought that your parts bike for your Second Gen. would be a FIRST GEN.!

And you STILL have a Cassette Player, Seems you forgot you HAD First Gens. when you were applauding V7Goose's comment about those Leaky, creaky Frist Gens. You can't serve two masters Jack, Seems just the other day I had to remind you that you have a First Gen. Rear Caliper on the back of your Second Gen.

I mean what a deal, Detuned First Gen. Motor, First Gen. Rear Brake Caliper, 1/2 of a First Gen. front brake calipers, Cassette Deck, NO center stand, blown out rear shock, bad coils, non replaceable spark plug wires, and only $16 Grand. If you had three Second Gens. you would almost have one good First Gen.:no-no-no:

Earl

Hey Jack,

Tell the truth, you scabbed that center stand off of one of those old, leaky creaky, First Gens, didn't you! Who would have ever thought that your parts bike for your Second Gen. would be a FIRST GEN.!

And you STILL have a Cassette Player, Seems you forgot you HAD First Gens. when you were applauding V7Goose's comment about those Leaky, creaky Frist Gens. You can't serve two masters Jack, Seems just the other day I had to remind you that you have a First Gen. Rear Caliper on the back of your Second Gen.

I mean what a deal, Detuned First Gen. Motor, First Gen. Rear Brake Caliper, 1/2 of a First Gen. front brake calipers, Cassette Deck, NO center stand, blown out rear shock, bad coils, non replaceable spark plug wires, and only $16 Grand. If you had three Second Gens. you would almost have one good First Gen.:no-no-no:

Earl

:clap2::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::clap2::clap2:

Hey Jack,

Earl

Well first off Earl the center stand ain't off a 1stGen, it's a 2ndGen stand.... at least on this one... :) And what's wrong with cassettes? Have Cassettes..Will Travel. Who wants to carry around one of those cute little girly IPOD's when we have a manly tape deck on board.... And I don't serve a master... I have a Harem!!! :whistling: Caliper?? See they are related. And a little biased ain't you Earl?? All bikes have warts. Comes with the territory. Good thing too. Huh?? Gives someone a chance to sell a bunch of kits for those warts.... :sign20:

It is impossible to check the oil level on a 2nd Gen while sitting on the sidestand unless you have placed that sidestand on something to mike the bike sit completely upright.

Goose

And this is from a guy that 3 out 4 of his bikes are from the 70s , I think He likes old bikes 3 times better !:stickpoke::rotf::backinmyday::moon:

With the motor cold, on its side stand, what should the Oil level be in the Glass window?

You would not check the oil dip stick in your car or truck on a incline to get a true reading, so the same applies to a motorcycle. ie: LEVEL = Good Reading. DanC:cool10:

Earl

Well yeah, but my feet reach the ground on my 2nd Gen...never could get them to do that on my 1st Gen.

And 2nd Gens are prettier...just sayin'.:rasberry:

I know not about those old decrepit junk heaps, so I try not to offer advice about them.

It just takes a mechanic that's better than average to work on a classic.

Sometimes it takes a little more work than running down to the Yamaha shop to get a new part.

:stickpoke:

Gary