IGNORED

New Trike Kit

mstar56

• 1 year later...

I'm married to a "big bruiser of a truckie" thats my reverse :crackup::crackup:or at least he will be when I get my Voyager trike kit on the bike. You guys are lucky--more than one choice.

We have only just got someone starting to import the voyager kits. Most of the trikes here are built from scratch, long and low and have volkswagin motors in them (oztrikes)

There are no other companies who supply a kit to put on your bike. The guy here is calling himself "wedgetail Outriders" and thats who I am getting my kit from

never ride faster than your guardian angel:2133:can fly

I had my Hannigan installed at the factory in Ky last December. Like Skipop said they treat you like VIPs, show you each step in fabrication, installation and access to the techs. When I went to pick mine up they worked until 8pm to get it to me that evening, things don't always go in time but they saved me an extra day on the road. When I offered the tech a tip for the late work he declined saying he wanted to get everything right before I left. I like the independent suspension over the other kit setups, the fiberglass work is top notch.

HipShot, money is an object to me but I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. Taking mine to the factory the kit installed was 12K, not cheap but it shows in the quality of materials and workmanship. Like others I saved a long time and didn't part with the money lightly. It has been my experience you go with the cheapest and that is what you get, cheap material and shabby work.

As for reverse it rolls very easily, probably a little better than on two wheels. Worst case you can get off and give it a push, try that on 2 wheels. Overall it's just like parking your normal Venture, I always considered how I would get out of a parking spot on 2 wheels and it is the same on 3. IMO reverse is an unnecessary expense.

Just my .02 worth, but I do love my trike.