IGNORED

electroluminescent dash light

If you have attempted it please chime in. I am going to remove the dash and buy a replacement electroluminescent sheet that I can trim to fit for backlight on the instrument cluster. I am going to go with blue, just wondering if anyone has attempted this?

If not then I guess Ill be the one to try it out....... I have an aftermarket tach that I am going to change out to matching blue light as well. The blue is easier on the eyes in my opinion as well as looks good when light.

The bike and especially the dash (ie speedo, clock, trip) is so cool looking during the day. But at night I got a since of it not being very attractive with the current backlight. I am going to ATTEMPT to replace mine with blue and install a dimmer as well. Found the company with the items I need, just have to remove dash to measure how big of a piece to order. :)

Is there a way to just remove the bulb that is in there now and replace it with a comparable light bulb that is Blue. Instead of going through the expence of the electroluminescent dash light sheet ? I looked at the wiring diagram and it looks like it is just one bulb. :confused24:

Is there a way to just remove the bulb that is in there now and replace it with a comparable light bulb that is Blue. Instead of going through the expence of the electroluminescent dash light sheet ? I looked at the wiring diagram and it looks like it is just one bulb. :confused24:

Nope these bikes do NOT have bulbs. They have a electroluminescent sheet which to this point from what I have researched has kep anyone from changing their backlight color. I am hopeing to be able to offer a way to change the colors if people choose.

Nope these bikes do NOT have bulbs. They have a electroluminescent sheet which to this point from what I have researched has kep anyone from changing their backlight color. I am hopeing to be able to offer a way to change the colors if people choose.

Okay then Please keep us posted on what you come up with.. I think a different color back light would make the dash look a little better

• 1 month later...
Blue might look cool, but red won't mess up your night vision. It will make red needles disappear tho......

Boy, ya got that right. Found out the hard way. I had one really bright blue LED as an indicator light in a switch on the bars. Noticed my night vision was not working well at all. I knew the light was a distraction and ended up taping it over one night. Snap! Night vision was all better. Little research comfirmed blue light can be a issue.

• 2 months later...