IGNORED

Sarasota, Florida - Anyone want to host a Maintenance day in March?

exrsa1

Gentlemen/Ladies... A month or so ago I purchased a new to me '05 RSV down in New Port Richey, in the lovely state of Florida, and with some planning and a great seller, the bike was moved into a garage of a co worker of mine, who is retired down in Sarasota. It's sitting in a nice carpeted garage, under cover on the battery tender, full of premium gas and Stabil.

The plan is to fly down at the end of March and ride back to Missouri, accompanied by my lovely tailgunner Terrie, following the gulf all the way to New Orleans, then heading north to Kansas City, over a 7 day period. This is all dependent on the weather!

Well, to make my long story endless..... I would like to go over/service the bike, install some leveling links, crashbar supports, my Garmin 660 with the Buddyrich cable, and perhaps a new F4 windshield before I depart from there, and wondered if anyone in Sarasota or surrounding areas, would be able to help, by way of a garage and/or wrenches, in getting this work done, before I head back. I work on all my vehicles/ bikes myself, but have never worked on a RSV. Splitting the fairing would be the first lesson. The leveling links, well that is just wrenching. Just need a jack. I can swing wrenches, but where the bike is sitting, there are no wrenches, and hauling everything I may need is not sounding like a good idea to me, since with my luck I may need something specific, and can't get around down there with the bike apart.

What say ye? Anyone want to meet a crazy ex South African, now Missourian? Maybe a little meet and greet/eat. I would appreciate any/all the help I can get.

Thanks

Brian

Edited by exrsa1
Can't spell

I'm actually heading back to Kansas City from Florida on my bike Saturday March 19th.

Was putting out feelers about a week ago about doing a maint day in KC this spring/summer. Little ironic. Looks like we are thinking alike.

Heading down to Florida the week before to catch the back end of Bike Week and go to a tradeshow. Think another Venture.org guy is going to do the ride with me and take off and ride for a couple days while I work my tradeshow.

Hope to see you back in KC.

Bob

Thanks for the replies. We plan to head down on March 25th, getting the bike picked up, and then going from there. Terrie is fine with a day or so of laying on a beach or next to a pool, since we have had a hard winter here. I will spend that first day or two, getting to know the bike, and then getting with whomever I can to get my work done on it.

Tufftom4, I will for sure keep that in mind. I have no schedule at this time, so riding to your side of the state might be an option.

Kregerdoodle, you Texas boys are always ready to help. Thanks!

Sandbagger, I saw your thread and will for sure be there for a Kansas City maintenance day. Looks like we are going to just miss each other down there!

Midnight V-4, thanks for the offer as well. I'm in the planning stages and will firm up my plans in the next week or so.

Again, thanks so much! I look forward to meeting some new friends.

Brian

• 1 month later...

Only twelve days to go and I will be down in Florida to see my bike for the first time. I want to thank Tufftom, Kreger, Midnight V4 for the offers. I have secured a place to work in Sarasota, so should be able to get everything done there.

As you can tell by the first post, I plan to ride back to Kansas City. I sure hope the weather holds. I don't mind cold, but snow/ice will stop my plan. I do have a back up plan to have a friend of mine bring my truck and trailer down if i can't go any further due to weather.

My itin looks something like this: ( I ride Secondary roads, unless not feasible)

1. Friday March 25th. - Arrive Sarasota. Look over and work on bike and shakedown ride.

2. Saturday/Sunday - Explore along the coast towards Naples and surrounding areas.

3. Monday - Head north towards Tallahassee. Going to run up the middle of the state. I want to go through Ocala National Forest also.

4. Tuesday - Make it to Tallahassee and take the scenic route 319/98 all along the coast to Pensacola.

5. Wednesday - Get through Alabama, either by I10 or some side road (Still looking at that), then take I90 into New Orleans.

6. Thursday - Head north on the Louisiana/Mississippi border towards Arkansas.

7. Friday - Make it to Greers Ferry Lake in Arkansas -and meet up with fellow riders from Missouri.

8. Ride Arkansas backroads towards Branson.

9. Sunday - Bring her home to Kansas City.

Maybe see some of you on the road. Any suggestions for "must see" routes, places, would be much appreciated.

Ex

Edited by exrsa1