IGNORED

HF trailer narrowed

miller47

I narrowed a HF trailer when I made a trailer out of a diamond plate truck box. The frame was 18" wide and then the tires and rims were on the outside of the box. I think the total width was 34" and I never had a single issue with the trailer. I pulled it regularly going 90 mph and ran it through the dragon behind my '86 VR with no issues.

I narrowed a HF trailer when I made a trailer out of a diamond plate truck box. The frame was 18" wide and then the tires and rims were on the outside of the box. I think the total width was 34" and I never had a single issue with the trailer. I pulled it regularly going 90 mph and ran it through the dragon behind my '86 VR with no issues.

But you didn't know where you were...... :whistling:

Well Bruce,

It's not a hardfast rule, but as a general rule of thumb....the tongue length (from the axle) should be twice the width of the trailer and it should be wider than it is tall.

Rick

if I narrowed a HF trailer to say 35" so it would fit thru motel door do you think it would be too unstable and maybe flip??

Well Bruce,

It's not a hardfast rule, but as a general rule of thumb....the tongue length (from the axle) should be twice the width of the trailer and it should be wider than it is tall.

Rick

Most motel doors are 40 inch, to allow for wheelchairs. But are you planing on leaving your bike outside?

This may sound strange, but on my last trip, I ran a string under the door, tied to the bike, and attached two bottles to the string. ( It was a Macon Georgia thang ) & I was the only person on this side of the motel. But I was locked and loaded