IGNORED

Locked up Zumo 550

gunkylump

Well, our zumo 550 has locked up....Beth used it last fall for deer widow's weekend, and had issues with it......we tried using it a couple of weeks ago and it was a no go...wouldn't "open" up.....I tried updating the maps today...and it wouldn't go past the initial page, something about saving trip data and the usb being hooked up....so I guess it goes back to Garmin for some TLC......it's been awesome up to this point, hopefully the repairs won't tear us up $$$ wise...and we should have it back before riding season, which is still 2-3 months away for us up this way, or thereabouts depending on Mother Nature.

gunk:think:

Well, our zumo 550 has locked up....Beth used it last fall for deer widow's weekend, and had issues with it......we tried using it a couple of weeks ago and it was a no go...wouldn't "open" up.....I tried updating the maps today...and it wouldn't go past the initial page, something about saving trip data and the usb being hooked up....so I guess it goes back to Garmin for some TLC......it's been awesome up to this point, hopefully the repairs won't tear us up $$$ wise...and we should have it back before riding season, which is still 2-3 months away for us up this way, or thereabouts depending on Mother Nature.

gunk:think:

Did you remove battery a few minutes and reinstall?

Yep, sure did Tom....then I performed last rites...called in the local neighborhood priest....tried reading the manual..imagine that, I even read the dang manual...and it still has issues.

Thanks for the tip though....stay warm down there!

gunk:stickpoke:

Yep, sure did Tom....then I performed last rites...called in the local neighborhood priest....tried reading the manual..imagine that, I even read the dang manual...and it still has issues.

Thanks for the tip though....stay warm down there!

gunk:stickpoke:

STAY WARM? We are freezing..Brad moves down here we get cold weather....Now JRichard is down here and it snows, freezes, sleets...Whats up with all this mess?? I want my WARM weather back!

Have you tried reinitializing your zumo?

It will loose all info stored.

Read about it on a couple internet sites a while back. After you reinitialize it you have to leave it outside and not moved for 20 min. so it can get the satellite info back?

Go to zumo site for instructions.

Have you tried the manual reset? Press and hold the power button and one other at the same time (Sorry, I forgot which other. It's in the manual).

I sent my last Zumo back to Garmin last year or so. They could not quote me a price to fix, but instead told me $120.00 to replace. The female tech must have loved my sexy voice and discounted me to $60.00 and sent me a newly updated Zumo.

BEER30

Have you tried the manual reset? Press and hold the power button and one other at the same time (Sorry, I forgot which other. It's in the manual).

I sent my last Zumo back to Garmin last year or so. They could not quote me a price to fix, but instead told me $120.00 to replace. The female tech must have loved my sexy voice and discounted me to $60.00 and sent me a newly updated Zumo.

BEER30

I must be lucky with my Zumo. Had it since 08, no issues, no lockups, screen always comes up, must be that 2cent glad bag I always have covering it up, not sexy but, no headaches yet with the Zumo. :cool10: