IGNORED

Cateract Surgery Tomorrow

bongobobny

We'll be thinking of you. I had it done to my right eye a few months ago. I can't tell you how bad it was though because they did a LOT of other things also. The cataract lens was only done because they said that the other things they were doing would cause it to be necessary in the near future. Overall though, I don't think it was bad.

We'll be thinking of you. I had it done to my right eye a few months ago. I can't tell you how bad it was though because they did a LOT of other things also. The cataract lens was only done because they said that the other things they were doing would cause it to be necessary in the near future. Overall though, I don't think it was bad.

I may have been throught he same things, had bleeding in the eye and they took out the fluid in my eye and did some lazer repair then replaced the fluid with saline solutoon. Also had the cataract done and am now going through the same thing with the other eye. Just did the cataract last week and will do the other in 3 more weeks. Cant see out of it right now because of the blood in there but should be back to normal in about a month. Diabetic damage is causing mine .

amazing how much brighter colors are after the cataract surgery

Good luck Bob! although you wont need it. The cataract operation itself if you have nothing else going on is the most painless procedure ive ever had done, and I had both eyes done about 6 years ago. I was amazed how much brighter everything was and the insert installed in my eyes fixed my vision to better than 20/20 but i needed glasses to read after. I didnt even need Tylenol afterwards, as I had no pain at all and only needed the patch for at night so I didnt accidentally rub my eye while sleeping.

I am glad youre taking time off work I got a piece of dust in my eye about 10 days after the op while cutting the grass (yeah I know, it was dumb) and it meant a trip to doc to get things checked over.

Brian

This is one of those things that you will ask yourself why you waited as long as you did. I am also diabetic and had just assumed that my diminished vision was just part of getting older and being type II diabetes for 30 years. Boy, was I surprised. I used to have excellent vision and now I am very pleased with how good my vision is, especially at night.

I wish you the best and will say a prayer for you. :080402gudl_prv:

RandyA

ARE YOU CRAZY!

You should have had the surgery done in good riding weather! Two weeks off, Jeeeeeez Meathead!

Seriously though...

Surgery is not that bad as others have said...

I had laysic? surgery back in 03 and was in and out in a matter minutes......

I'd wait to have the other eye done though...:stirthepot:

OK finally home! Surgery went well, and instead of my follow up for yomorrow, they decided to have it at 4:00, so Becky and I spent the day shopping instead of driving almost an hour home and then an hour back. Follow up was to remove the patch over the eye. My vision is a little blurry but already at 20/25 and will improve! The maun thing I notice is that everythoing is about 2 or 3 shades brighter in the one eye!!!

Should have the other eye done next month. Will then have great vision for riding season after that, and now I can wear the really cool looking shades instead of perscription ones!!

In the meantime, no alcohol for 24 hours,,,