IGNORED

LE type helmet?

ken

Most of the helmets I've seen motorcycle cops wear are either a:

• half-helmet, usually white, with a black visor and a black "neck curtain" or,
  • a three-quarter helmet, almost always white, with a black visor.

I wear a Shoei 3/4 helmet that I removed all the decals from. Here's a couple of links that might help:

http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/CTGY/stcruz

http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/CTGY/rjair

Terry

There are two brands of helmets that motor officers wear...The arai classic with proper paint scheme and one made by super seer which is a subsidary of shoei....Google Police motorcycle helmets and you will find both.....Cost is around 300-400 bucks....You might find a vendor who will sell you one....Good luck:322:

Guest Vermincelli

actually depends on the department and their budgets. I've seen Bells used back during my days on the force and have spotted Nolans and HJCs on a few lately too. Usually it's just standard off the shelf helmets with custom paintjobs and radios attached.

Been seeing the modulars being used more and more though, especially in colder/wet weather regions and in Europe.

The one I really liked was Shoei's modular police model that comes with an LED light on the inside. edge. Flip up the front, flip the switch and instant map light but expennnnnnnsive.

I used to ride at work and had a cheap helmet for doing the parades when it was HOT! It was a plain white 1/2 helmet that I took to a stripe shop and had them cut the black to the size and shape that fit the helmet. All total was about $50.

Jay

Birmingham, AL