IGNORED

leaner side car w first gen venture?

6m459

Hi,

Has anyone done something similar to this, with a first gen venture?

As I understand it, the bike leans despite the sidecar, thanks to a pivoting linkage, beneath the bike. The height offset in the front and rear sidecar linkage pivot points, causes the side car wheel to steer into turns in either direction.

Ingenious. Common s/c setup? Any one done similar with a first gen venture?

I don't own a sidecar, yet, but the dogs are looking more like sidecar passengers than pillion.

Thoughts, experiences?

Thanks,

Brian H.

go to my profile pics, I run a leaner and love it. The problem with this setup you are looking at is that you'll need more distance between side car and bike to allow room for the right turn. the pax would still be exposed to centrifugal forces though. There are a number of leaning rigs like that in Europe. there is a ggole group on leaning sidecars, let me look it up when i get to my other computer

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/FlexitSidecarOwnersGroup/

Now that I am somewhat more awake, the Armec, among others, is a sidecar with leaning motorcycle, I think Swiss(?). In this type set-up you would create attachment points centered under the bike so that the sidecar would remain level during the turns, this would reduce your ground clearance and depending on the bike could create some interesting times when cresting a ride in a turn for example. In a true leaner side car, the side car articulates with the bike and though the attachment points are not centered under the bike the fact that the sidecar leans with it offsets any potential counter steering by the chair. Besides home build you are very limited in sources, the only new one available is the Fleximum from Canada (I think they are custom build), and used, the Flexit, the Equalean and the Toro sidecar . Let me know if I can help.

I am running a modified frame Equalean.