IGNORED

Why click on "MORE"?

Mel

When initially viewing "Active Threads From The Forums" there are 15 threads showing. In order to view the remaining 5 on the first page I have to click on "MORE". After getting a full 20 items on the first page, all of the following pages have all 20 items on them right away.

I am curious about why all 20 items are not viewable right away when looking at the first page. Not a huge inconvenience, just curious. I'll bet someone has a very logical explanation. Probably the "boss".:stirthepot:

Actually, there is no logical explanation. When I built the home page, I just had to choose a number of threads to display in that section. I just picked 15 so as not to make the home page tooooo long. Really wouldn't have made much difference if I had use 20.

Actually, there is no logical explanation. When I built the home page, I just had to choose a number of threads to display in that section. I just picked 15 so as not to make the home page tooooo long. Really wouldn't have made much difference if I had use 20.

Please change it to 20 !!

I would even volunteer to be on Mini Muffin watch at next MD for you !!

(Didn't say I would stop her though)

:fingers crossed:

Gary

What I have found to be interesting is that after you click more, then you can see the first few lines of the post without actually opening it, but not before you click more. I find that it helps to determine if I want to open a post to read it and all the replies or move on to the next one.

OK....it took me this long to remember where the heck to change the number of thread displayed. I FINALLY got it figured out so there should be 20 displayed now.

You are a brave man Dingy....a deal's a deal....may you rest in peace. :whistling:

and Steve, I understand what you are saying. That is a javascript feature that I just don't know how to change though.

OK....it took me this long to remember where the heck to change the number of thread displayed. I FINALLY got it figured out so there should be 20 displayed now.

You are a brave man Dingy....a deal's a deal....may you rest in peace. :whistling:

and Steve, I understand what you are saying. That is a javascript feature that I just don't know how to change though.

This is not fair, You did increase it to 20 posts, but we still have the MORE button.

Probably part of the javascript coding.

Since the more button is still here, I may be somewhat less diligent on the Muffin patrol, I promise to keep you informed, if I have any verifiable, high confidence intel on any devious plans though.

:sign isnt that spec

Gary

Hey...nobody mentioned removing the "more" button and why would you want to?

WHY would we need to click more to get to the the icons that let us go to the second page.

And not wanting to sound like a grumpy old fart, but I direct your attention to the first post in this thread titled

"Why click on more"

Hey Mini, PM me, I got some ideas for you !!

The heck with watching you mini, I got your back girl !!

Gary

When initially viewing "Active Threads From The Forums" there are 15 threads showing. In order to view the remaining 5 on the first page I have to click on "MORE". After getting a full 20 items on the first page, all of the following pages have all 20 items on them right away.

I am curious about why all 20 items are not viewable right away when looking at the first page. Not a huge inconvenience, just curious. I'll bet someone has a very logical explanation. Probably the "boss".:stirthepot:

Simple... if all threads were visible, no on would complain,

if only 14 were visible, everyone would complain,

with 15 visible only you will complain...

I'm just sayin'...

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

So is this Mini Muffin character real?! What's the story? Why does she need adult supervision? Is there anyone on this website qualified? Inquiring minds, and the rest of us ignorant folk, want to know! And how come someone gets off so easy for welching on a bet? Can you tell its Saturday morning and I don't want to go work in the cold garage?!

5 foot nothing, Red haired, fiery and feisty as a cornered Badger! She needs all the adult supervision she can get. Muffinman gave up years ago knowing it was a lost cause. She is a devious little devil originally from NY, but now painted up as a sweet southern girl from NC on the outside.

As mischievous as Curious George and ALWAYS stirring the pot. I think we need to duct tape her to a chair at MD with armed guards watching her! This sort of comes close to an accurate description of our little angel Mini :sign yeah that:

I realized my girlfriend is 5 ft something and I would rather eat a bowlful of angry fire ants, demented African bees, and broken shards of glass then tangle with her. With that in mind I would like to retract any and all statements regarding any and all fine upstanding women on this website. In fact lets just remove me completely from this thread!! You all have a fine day!

Isn't there some rule on this website regarding pictures?! Even she-devil pictures?! She doesn't sound that scary, MUCH!! Of course she is a women!

This was M.M. at 2010 M.D., setting in only chair she could find that her legs would reach the ground.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/PICT0373s-1.jpg

Mini doing table dances at M.D. 2010

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/PICT0359s.jpg

Edited by dingy

Yea right...you think it's that easy to back peddle around here? Nope, your words are now carved into STONE and you have to live with it. Now where is that picture of Mini holding the little cap gun. :scratchchin:

Yeah I know, I was justa hoping for something a little better on my tombstone!